Nissan-Navara.net banner

V6 Oil & Oil filter location

38K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  freemansteve 
#1 ·
Well its time once more to change the oil. I wanted to be sure. In the book is write that i will need 7 liters of 5w-30 oil (i'm speaking for the V9x) but since it has a dpf do i have to pay attention at something?

And i'm having trouble locating the oil filter, in the book its writen its somewhere in front?

#2 ·
I almost had a heart attackt first maintenance at official stealer: they do Nissan / Renault. The mecanic who did the maintenance, didn't know it either!!!!
So for the location of the filter: if you look at the under body protection, you should see a small square plate, fixed with 4 boults. Remove that and the filter should be there.

Have fun!

Dominique

#6 ·
Not being funny, but this is exactly where my oil filter was and the sump plug was towards the back of the sump.:dunno:scratch::dunno:scratch:

Maybe someone's swapped engines on you???

#5 ·
Well i have cleaned my Navara today, and took a look but didn't find either the drain plug Or the oil filter :scratch:

I also took a look at the manual and it states the drain plug should be in front of the oil pan, and still didn't found it.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong? On the 2.5dci it was easy to find (though more difficult to get it out :lol:) now on this V9x its a disaster

#7 ·
Well i'm going to open this thread once more as I'm still unable to find it :confused:

I took some pictures this time, so that you can see what i'm looking at and if
1. it's the right place i'm looking at
2. If the bolt is there

This one is from the Front => Back

These are from Back => Front

I think it's this bolt but i'm not sure?? (The picture below)

I hope you guys are still willing to help me, since I refuse to do it by the dealer. Besides it's nice to work on it's own car!

#9 · (Edited)
So to resume, my question was where the plug to drain the oil is. That's why I uploaded some pictures beneath my car so you could all see it.

Do you see the plug or am I looking at the wrong place?

Here is a picture from the owners manual. As I see it, i should be able to see it in the first picture, but I don't so i'm lost :-?

If the owners manual is right, I should be able to see it in the picture below (Take from front to back)

#13 ·
I do have 1 washer left from my previous D40 but I don't think this one needs it.

2. I won't use the method you say the garages uses because all the "rubbish" or how do you say? all the remaining "****"? stays in the sump, atleast by draining you remove some if not most.

I might be young but I like to take care of my vehicles so any advice on how to do it properly rather than quickly are welcome :cheers2:

Thanks nonetheless :thumbright:

#14 ·
"I do have 1 washer left from my previous D40 but I don't think this one needs it."

I think you'll find it's good practice to replace the drain plug washer and for a couple of cents, not a great saving. Whether the 2.5's is the right size of not is another matter. But each to their own.:?

#16 ·
I have been doing some research on this recently, and you need 5W30 C4 fully synthetic oil. The C4 is for the SAP content of the oil itself.

C4 is specified for a lot of Renault engines including the 3.0 DCI V9X. It specifies this so the SAP does not block/damage the DPF filter apparently!

Shock horror C4 oil is a tad more expensive than the other C oils, but best use the correct one right!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.