Dealer Visit some problems - Nissan-Navara.net
Technical assistance NP 300 Got a problem with your Navara NP 300? Please request help here, hopefully one of us can help.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
I'm now in 4th gear with power to spare!

Garage
Dealer Visit some problems

So today was interesting, over the last few weeks my NP300 has been becoming more and more annoying for various reasons:

Drivers window becoming increasingly slow both up and down
Massive build up of water/condensation internally
Frozen solid on the inside of the windsceen this morning
Rear Bumper not straight
Fuel economy is OK but less than I was expecting
Heater dreadful, demist awful
Vehicle taking 20 minutes to get to temperature

So I called the supplying dealer who are 130 miles from me and said any dealer could look at the issues. I called my local dealer, who advised it would be 3 weeks at least before anyone could "look" at it, (not fix, just look) so I reminded them that this is a 6 month old vehicle and it should be covered under warranty, their response was that they had had vehicles in the workshop for 2 months and "not looked at them yet..." They advised I go to another dealer, I happened to be in Barrow today and just called in to the local dealer there.

They told me the slow window is "not warranty" and is a "service item" but its my fault as the glass was dirty?! Included "free" in a service they would fix the slow window. I reminded them the vehicle has a 5 year 100k mile warranty! Apparently each service and the PDI they lubricate the windows, I asked them if was still the 1950's at Nissan. I cant say in 12 year and over 300k miles of driving I have EVER had to lubricate an electric window!

They told me the "auto" function on the climate control is not sufficient and I need to additionally press the "fresh air" button after pressing auto otherwise the car just recirculates the moist air. I said that is the first time in 12 years of cars with climate control that the auto button doesnt work properly. Will see if it improves things but I still feel its leaking water into the cab somewhere.

Rear bumper could be fixed in a service, also not warranty and evidence of lack of PDI apparently although they back tracked rapidly when I asked if they thought the vehicle had not been PDI'd

Fuel economy, they are not good at maths I told them it was managing about 35mpg, they told me it was within 10% of the claimed figure, I reminded them that 35 of 44 is not 90%...! They had no response although I feel its related to the slow warm up.

They also said that the thermostat has a constant water bypass (no wonder it takes forever to reach working temperature) but i still feel its stuck open.

Lastly I asked them for a quote on its first service, its done nearly 16k and the service is due at 18k/24months according to Nissan. To that the service adviser told me it should be every 9k miles. I asked them why does it need a service every three months?! He pointed me towards the "extreme driving" service schedule. Although I hardly think loafing up the motorway at 65mph loaded with a few boxes and a driver as extreme driving! I also asked if they had serviced one yet they told me "loads" however I said are you sure as I thought mine was one of the highest mileage ones in the country!

Anyway, onto the price... £269 for an oil change! That's more expensive than the BMW main dealer for my 650i!

So basically after an hour of chatting with them they told me I didn't understand climate control, the window was dirty, it had not been PDI'd and 20 minutes for a warm up was acceptable along with the poor fuel economy compared to the claimed.

2016 NP300 E5 N-Connecta Manual
2005 BMW 650i Coupe
2001 P38 Vogue

www.np300.co.uk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 10:07 PM
Into 2nd gear now!

Having the same problems as you plus **** sat nav, phone system and the central locking is all over the place. I rang the dealer where i purchased it from Chalkes of Wincanton and they didnt give a monkeys and just wanted to argue with everything i said, mine is 9 months old now, but i am sure i wont own it this time next year. Nissan must be a regular winner of the We Don't Give a ***** Award.
For those thinking about buying one, my opinion is if you spec up, lets say Hilux to the same spec as a Tekna the Hilux is more money but you will get a sat nav and phone system that works plus quality working components, i am sure most tekna owners think like myself in the fact that they purchase the top of the range model for all the nice little extras but in reality they don't work and what is there is poor,given the choice i would have much rather had an outside temp gauge than 360 view cameras. Hey ho I purchased it so I will live with it for the time being.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TALCUF View Post
Having the same problems as you plus **** sat nav, phone system and the central locking is all over the place. I rang the dealer where i purchased it from Chalkes of Wincanton and they didnt give a monkeys and just wanted to argue with everything i said, mine is 9 months old now, but i am sure i wont own it this time next year. Nissan must be a regular winner of the We Don't Give a ***** Award.
For those thinking about buying one, my opinion is if you spec up, lets say Hilux to the same spec as a Tekna the Hilux is more money but you will get a sat nav and phone system that works plus quality working components, i am sure most tekna owners think like myself in the fact that they purchase the top of the range model for all the nice little extras but in reality they don't work and what is there is poor,given the choice i would have much rather had an outside temp gauge than 360 view cameras. Hey ho I purchased it so I will live with it for the time being.

Mine is just an N-Connecta but yes I suffer with same satnav, I find it OK actually apart from the fact it won't let you input a navigation destination whilst on the phone. Bluetooth a bit slow from time to time but other than that, that bit is OK!

I find attention to detail is a bit lacking on the NP300 sadly.

Worst bit though is how uninterested the dealers are, I've never experienced anything like it. Even with very old cars that I've had previously the dealers have been willing to listen and talk and at least value my thoughts. Even the Vauxhall dealers were slightly more interested in their poor product than the Nissan dealers.

My next plan is to find a job near Birmingham and tell Brindley I'm bringing it back for them to sort out their poor PDI!

2005 BMW 650i Coupe
2001 P38 Vogue

www.np300.co.uk

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-17, 12:21 AM
Fully run in and going strong!

If it is less than 6 months old when you report the fault, they get once chance to fix it or you can reject the car. Even after 6 months you are entitled to a partial refund.

Go for it!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-17, 11:13 AM
Jem

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quavey View Post
Worst bit though is how uninterested the dealers are, I've never experienced anything like it. Even with very old cars that I've had previously the dealers have been willing to listen and talk and at least value my thoughts. Even the Vauxhall dealers were slightly more interested in their poor product than the Nissan dealers.
I think that's down to the dealer franchise though, and not Nissan. My dealer, Lookers Chester, are also the main dealer for Vauxhall, Renault and Dacia, and have been great.

I have built up a bit of a relationship with them over the years though, with my NP300 being the third car I've had from them/serviced by them. I did have a problem early on with my Nav, where the hatch on the hardtop wouldn't unlock, but I took it in (without appointment), and they looked at it immediately and fixed it using a part from the showroom model.

This might all be because they've learnt I won't take any **** from them though, now I'm on first name terms with the GM, Service Manager and Sales Manager, after a problem with a previous car.

JEM

2016 NP300 Tekna Euro5 Manual in Metallic Black
Private caravan rentals at Hafan-Y-Mor. Visit our website or our Facebook page for more info
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-17, 08:14 PM
Ticking over

Dealers

i seem to have the same problem with my nissan dealer in Box, my 63 plate teckna has a year warranty but any issues I've had i have had awful customer service and always seem to be a 3 week waiting list till i can get in!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-17, 09:34 PM

Garage
Sounds like we should put this thread in the RANT section. To add my 2 penny worth, and I bought mine 01-02-2016 and now has 16k.

Heater is just weird unless on air con.
Drivers window screams like nails down a blackboard
MPG - if you're hitting 35, you are 4 or 5 miles up on me
Glass lid on bed box doesn't catch correctly 50% of the time and then doesn't unlock on central locking
Dealer - Chalkes of Wincanton as previously said, have sent me a service reminder for January, but like you thought it was 18 month service?

I need to find out on service and cost and will be supplying own oil if that is the cost of an oil change!

Having said all the above, at the moment Chalkes have been good when I've enquired on a few things, the cruise control recall they were very good and immediately said the car shouldn't be driving like that, so we'll wait and see.

Think you will always find faults whichever vehicle you buy and sure there are moans on the hilux forum as well.

NP300 Cayman Blue Tenka manual Euro 5. Nissan truck top, just some extra lights but WITH NNNet STICKERS front and back 👊 Loving it.
Suit in a Ute but wannabe weekend warrior in the Shires!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-17, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB02CAZ View Post
Sounds like we should put this thread in the RANT section. To add my 2 penny worth, and I bought mine 01-02-2016 and now has 16k.

Heater is just weird unless on air con.
Drivers window screams like nails down a blackboard
MPG - if you're hitting 35, you are 4 or 5 miles up on me
Glass lid on bed box doesn't catch correctly 50% of the time and then doesn't unlock on central locking
Dealer - Chalkes of Wincanton as previously said, have sent me a service reminder for January, but like you thought it was 18 month service?

I need to find out on service and cost and will be supplying own oil if that is the cost of an oil change!

Having said all the above, at the moment Chalkes have been good when I've enquired on a few things, the cruise control recall they were very good and immediately said the car shouldn't be driving like that, so we'll wait and see.

Think you will always find faults whichever vehicle you buy and sure there are moans on the hilux forum as well.

Very interesting, mine is all motorway work and it does do a genuine 35mpg but I do drive carefully for that in an attempt to extend the range. I do get 500 miles from a tank at about the reserve light.

Have you a genuine Nissan top? I have a hardtopsuk one which is OK although the side window locks are rusting and I need to do a warranty job on that.

The service schedule is supposed to be 18k miles or 24 months which ever is first so there is no reason they should be asking you to service it, but please let me know what they quote you!

2005 BMW 650i Coupe
2001 P38 Vogue

www.np300.co.uk
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-17, 05:06 PM

Garage
@ Quavey
Mine is pretty much 70% dual carriage way or motorway and I suppose I do sit on cruise control at 72, seems ok on this and have even done 350 miles with the computer saying 45mpg, but then by the time I come to fill and manually calcalet from empty to brim, just sits on that 30-31 miles mark.
My back is the Nissan one, there is already a recall on this that I need to get done - something to do with brake light so will get that done. Going to leave it until February so will enquire in the next week or so on costs.
I am sure, if you had the free service contract (I missed out on this as didn't haggle hard enough ) they would then say its 18 months!! Anyone with the service pack, please try it out and report back.

NP300 Cayman Blue Tenka manual Euro 5. Nissan truck top, just some extra lights but WITH NNNet STICKERS front and back 👊 Loving it.
Suit in a Ute but wannabe weekend warrior in the Shires!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-17, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I have the 5 years free sevicing thing and I'm sure I was told a 2 year interval, I only do around 7K miles a year so mileage not an issue. I will probably get a oil and filter change done at 12 months, but am in the middle of moving house so may leave it ......

NP300 Tekna in Cayman Blue (with 22's)

Nick.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan-Navara.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image