Warning Lights - Nissan-Navara.net
Technical assistance NP 300 Got a problem with your Navara NP 300? Please request help here, hopefully one of us can help.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-17, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Into 3rd gear and pulling like a train!

Warning Lights

This morning on startup various warning lights illuminated and didn't go off, a couple seconds later the warning light for the radar sensor came on. I've turned it off and left it to settle but on startup still illuminate. I've driven a couple miles and seems fine but lights still on.
I've had a lot of work recently, beacon fitted, rear lights fitted, cctv fitted and all was fine after that. Latest addition was a CANM8 device to detect high/low beam selection and send a signal to relay to operate led lights. After installing everything worked fine and as expected except for some interference noise on the radio when on high beam.
I've checked all the fuses on the vehicle and all Ok.
I've unplugged the CANM8, but no difference. I've also removed all additional devices power source from the battery and still these lights are on.
Now the CANM8 connects in via the OBD Socket wires. I've used Scotchlock devices to splice into wire.

With the wires to the CanM8 attaching in via spade connectors.
Could this CANM8 splicing cause the problem I'm seeing, or could it just be errors that need reset using Nissan Diagnostic software?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-17, 05:12 PM
On the motorway!

scotch locks = devils work soldering really is the only option I would use on modern canbus vehicles as they measure very small changes in voltage/Resistance and show up as errors even to the point some cheapo bulbs are detected as faulty when they are working fine
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-17, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Today, still with the light on I couldn't select 4x4, and where I am, and snow conditions today it was well and truly required.
I contacted Nissan Assistance who dispatched roadside assistance. On their arrival they advised its probably a faulty sensor on the brakes which is why all the warning lights are on, and why I can't select 4x4. Unfortunately, the diagnostic tool wasn't up to date, and didn't have the NP300 on it so he couldn't do anything.
Now booked into local Nissan garage next Wednesday.
I think this is just an unfortunate error, and nothing to do with the CanM8 installation.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-17, 05:57 PM

Garage
I'd be worried if you have invalidated the warranty but blocking into the wiring , just had a tow bar fitted and it's gotta be vehicle specific wiring as not to invalidate it

Last edited by lookskyward1; 12-01-17 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Text language u =you
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 13-01-17, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Checking on Google this appears to have been a problem on the previous D40 models too. Not going to be happy if the fault is a duff sensor or one that's contaminated with mud/water ingress. There's a few solutions for the D40 to reset the ECU, but unfortunately don't work on the NP300, I even disconnected the battery for 24hrs but didn't work 😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 16-01-17, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Currently at the garage. As expected the problem is a broken wire to the wheel sensor. Seems to have been faulty and corroded through. Not what's expected on a 66 plate with just 1700 miles on the clock. Just awaiting to see if they can source a replacement locally.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan-Navara.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image