It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:50 am
Bill Car Engineering


All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: fusible link on positive battery terminal
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:09 am 
Offline
Im new
Im new

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:00 am
Posts: 4
HAs anyone had the fusible links on the positive battery terminal fail?
want to run spotlights, inside Engel fridge and run power to the back for the caravan.
how can you do that without burning out the links????

thanks
JT


Top
 Profile  
 
Nissan-Navara.net
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: fusible link on positive battery terminal
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:18 am 
Offline
On the motorway!
On the motorway!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:24 am
Posts: 1285
Location: Cumbria
Hello JT and welcome to the forum, the answer to your question is to work out the power you are wanting and add a relay to draw power to the trailer!! are you sure you want to draw the power that way? if so, you are talking about drawing a lot of power from the Nav!! i would suggest an extra battery like a leisure battery to substain a regular draw for living appliances in a caravan ect!
Can you elaborate what you want?

_________________
Be sure to check this out:
ANOTHER TRUCK FORUM


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: fusible link on positive battery terminal
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:25 am 
Offline
Fully run in and going strong!
Fully run in and going strong!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 4438
Location: Whipsnade
Yes definitely install an auxillery battery or at the very least a power management box (avpm or somthing like that) to ensure the single battery has enough power to start....

_________________
Jean-Paul

No more Navara, but I do have a Prius :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: fusible link on positive battery terminal
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:20 pm 
Offline
Im new
Im new

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:00 am
Posts: 4
Thanks for the welcome.
even if i installed a relay the relay requires still a feed from from the battery.Looking at 30amp to go the caravan.
does navara come out with an auxillary box or wiring harness that gets added to existing wiring harness near battery for extras?




Rislar wrote:
Hello JT and welcome to the forum, the answer to your question is to work out the power you are wanting and add a relay to draw power to the trailer!! are you sure you want to draw the power that way? if so, you are talking about drawing a lot of power from the Nav!! i would suggest an extra battery like a leisure battery to substain a regular draw for living appliances in a caravan ect!
Can you elaborate what you want?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: fusible link on positive battery terminal
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:18 pm 
Offline
Fully run in and going strong!
Fully run in and going strong!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:58 pm
Posts: 14230
Location: Northampton
I run 2 batteries on my sportrak, and that uses a 100 amp relay, with the relay triggered from the alternator, not the battery. The relay is hard wired to the battery, the relay Trigger is from one of the small wire that comes out the back of the laternator. It shows a positive charge via meter when the engine Is running.
Thus when the engine has started the relay opens and allows the alternator to charge both batteries. This was all easy to do and including heavy wire only cost £25. Also I fitted a battery isolator switch so I can jump stRt the truck from one battery to the other!
Sorry should have said that the long and the short of this is that a 30amp relay will melt in about 2 seconds when you whack 75 amps through it!

_________________
cheers

Rob

I'm a mod and mine is green!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: fusible link on positive battery terminal
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:30 pm 
Offline
Fully run in and going strong!
Fully run in and going strong!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:58 pm
Posts: 14230
Location: Northampton
Should have said I then run all my auxilliary lights, power for fridge etc from the aux battery. The power socket in the back for the fridge
is operated off a standard 30 amp relay, that is ignition live.

_________________
cheers

Rob

I'm a mod and mine is green!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: fusible link on positive battery terminal
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:05 am 
Offline
Im new
Im new

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:00 am
Posts: 4
Hi Rob,
Sounds good mate.was looking at a 2nd battery option,but that was going to be after the warranty ran out.they so friggin anal (pardon the language but no other word coud describe it) with any mods carried out that it can void warranty just like that. irrespective of how good the mod was done.



mowerman wrote:
Should have said I then run all my auxilliary lights, power for fridge etc from the aux battery. The power socket in the back for the fridge
is operated off a standard 30 amp relay, that is ignition live.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: fusible link on positive battery terminal
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:07 am 
Offline
Fully run in and going strong!
Fully run in and going strong!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:53 pm
Posts: 4438
Location: Whipsnade
baracuda69 wrote:
Hi Rob,
Sounds good mate.was looking at a 2nd battery option,but that was going to be after the warranty ran out.they so friggin anal (pardon the language but no other word coud describe it) with any mods carried out that it can void warranty just like that. irrespective of how good the mod was done.



mowerman wrote:
Should have said I then run all my auxilliary lights, power for fridge etc from the aux battery. The power socket in the back for the fridge
is operated off a standard 30 amp relay, that is ignition live.

I think the warranty police would be more concerned when you did run it all from the standard battery. But that is just an opinion....

_________________
Jean-Paul

No more Navara, but I do have a Prius :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Nissan-navara.net is neither connected to nor affiliated with Nissan Motors.