Nissan-Navara.net

Nissan-Navara.net (https://www.nissan-navara.net/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.nissan-navara.net/15-introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Introduction - Like wot I was told, innit! #hashtag (https://www.nissan-navara.net/15-introduce-yourself/106775-introduction-like-wot-i-told-innit-hashtag.html)

Footsore 09-04-19 11:10 AM

Introduction - Like wot I was told, innit! #hashtag
 
2 Attachment(s)
Just got a brand new show pony, NP300 Tekna, in grey, mountain top roll top cover, plastic bed liner, towbar, sunroof & diff lock. 31-miles when I picked her up yesterday.

The plan is it is to replace my ageing 2001 Land Cruiser Amazon 4.2V8 50th Anniversary Edition with this, but don't tell the wife I am not getting rid of it, we are becoming a two truck family! :grin2:
Other rides include a Tesla Model S 75D, 2018 Kubota L5740 (tractor), and 2016 Kubota G26 MkII HD (grass cutter), all three road legal. We run a set of holiday cottages in North Yorkshire, and have a few animals, and thus trailers and generally cart stuff about hence the need for a pickup. Will be far quicker to go collect round hay bales in pick-up than the tractor which does about 20mph. Biggest load is 2.7t tonne digger on a 750kg trailer putting me right on the 3500kg limit, will likely load the bed up to add weight to the tow vehicle, roughly 400kg to stay under GTW. Doesn't go far, 4 miles max, and rural so we can take it steady. Tractor (2.3t) and different trailer at circa 900kg take me close as well.

Currently have tailgate central locking, tailgate seals, and tail lift assist in my shopping basket, all Eagle 4*4. (comments welcome)
Surprised how good the stereo is for a work truck, but might be looking at speaker upgrades as well.
Wouldn't mind some work lights for the rear bed.

Tried NissanConenct, what pile of poops, can't I have Apple CarPlay (had a Nissan Qashqai with Apple CarPlay on loan the other week).

Cheers Dave.

landmannnn 09-04-19 01:14 PM

Welcome. Nice intro, sounds like you are enjoying your new toy.

JDO 10-04-19 12:27 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Nissan Connect is a joke. Tried it on Day 1, havenít touched it in the 900 days since!

mrw27 10-04-19 01:26 PM

(assume Trigger accent) Alright Dave. (end Trigger accent)

Nice vehicle list, including the Kubota's! I used to cut huge lawns with a G26!! I had to change an oil feed pipe which ran the length of the chassis, it meant the machine had to be heavily stripped. I had that thing all over the workshop. Back together no problem and running as great as ever. Good machines, reliable.

Footsore 10-04-19 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrw27 (Post 872583)
(assume Trigger accent) Alright Dave. (end Trigger accent)

Nice vehicle list, including the Kubota's! I used to cut huge lawns with a G26!! I had to change an oil feed pipe which ran the length of the chassis, it meant the machine had to be heavily stripped. I had that thing all over the workshop. Back together no problem and running as great as ever. Good machines, reliable.

If you read the service manual it suggests changing all the pipes every two years! Nope, not doing that. Ever. Will replace when leaking.:grin2:

Footsore 10-04-19 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landmannnn (Post 872443)
Welcome. Nice intro, sounds like you are enjoying your new toy.

Yup, although so far the wife has done more miles than me in it. Took it for a run over the moors to a Visit England event (work related).
First parts have shipped, (seals, tail assist, and tail locking).
Bonnet struts will be on order by tonight.

Cheers
Dave

mrw27 10-04-19 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Footsore (Post 872601)
If you read the service manual it suggests changing all the pipes every two years! Nope, not doing that. Ever. Will replace when leaking.:grin2:

That's the reason I replaced that one, leaking! It was a serious strip down, never mind doing that every two years!!

I just put a brand new cutting deck on it, since the blade bosses were worn and had very slightly bent the deck where they mount. You could start to see the cut lines in the grass. I think I know the culprit, a particular person trying to skim drain covers.

Anyway!

Footsore 10-04-19 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDO (Post 872569)
Welcome to the forum!

Nissan Connect is a joke. Tried it on Day 1, havenít touched it in the 900 days since!

I think I'll be in the same camp!

How far from Newcastle are you? Visited there once in the late 90s, I think it was NorthPower (utility companies all use the same damn names) and it made me chuckle how half the suburbs are named the same as the UK. Including a Wallsend, named, in the UK at least, as Hadrian's Wall ended there, but we never covered the Australian extension in Roman history.

Footsore 10-04-19 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrw27 (Post 872605)
I just put a brand new cutting deck on it, since the blade bosses were worn and had very slightly bent the deck where they mount. You could start to see the cut lines in the grass. I think I know the culprit, a particular person trying to skim drain covers.

Anyway!

Ours has just 600 hours on it in four years, and only broken 1-shear pin in that time. But we try not to have drain covers sticking up. Harder if you are mowing commercially. Good machines and expect to get a good few more years out of mine. Just put new blades on this year for the first time, although sharpened every year. Drive belts on the front at full extension, next job! Can hear the gardener on it now, how come he gets the good jobs and I get the crappy maintenance stuff.:crying:

mrw27 10-04-19 05:25 PM

No problem, 600 hours! Ours does generally well too really. Over 3000hrs on ours, in two years, engine still powerful and sweet.

Yeah, I agree, I prefer the sunny days cutting, instead of rainy days repairing!!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome