I'm from Romania and recently i bought a Navara DoubleCab 2010 with 2.5 liter engine and automatic transmission.
It's my first Navara and i just love this car! I do all the jobs myself, as i'm very passionate of automotive.
Here is what i did until now:
- oils and filters change
- changed the single and weak horn with pair of horns from Audi
just to see the difference from between 2 models:
- eliminate the few rust points that i found in back and on chassis
- fill the rear wings with anti-rust wax
- repainted the rear wheel housing, sand blasted and repainted the drums
Under the cabin, the whole body is waxed from the last owner
- replaced the yellow light from gauge cluster with white. Will reverse the polarised films of displays and change the light from all switches inside the car with some orange.
- replaced all bulbs outside of the car, with LED bulbs (will be back with photos), except the short/long beam.
- made a full package of interior and door lighting (will be back with the photos too)
- sand blasted the rear bumper, isolated inside and waxed, repainted outside and changed the whole rear parking system, as one of the sensors was defective
- repainted the center console trims.
- replaced the light bulbs from climate with LED's. One of them is not working at the moment, will test to see what is the problem.
- modded the SatNav and installed the rear view camera
- i intend to replace the case of one key because it's a pretty used-up
- the remote control from Webasto replaced with GSM controller
Right now the front grille is at paint shop to refresh the paint and work is in progress with some front wheel housing covers, to fit in rear wheel housing.
And will replace the speakers with some nice Hertz components.