Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D40 13 pin electrics HELP.

Hey folks.. had my v6 for a few weeks now and love it! However it only has the black 12n socket so i got the 12s grey socket kit from my dealer. Tried to fit this today to no avail, theres no plugs where there should be according to the instructions, the instructions are dated 2008 and my truck is 2013 :frown2:
So decided to sack it all off and i think im going to go with the new style 13 pin setup as they are much better and neater, My caravan is 13 pin but my other trailers arnt, i can get a little adapter for them though.

Has anyone fitted a 13 pin kit? any advise appreciated. i understand it should be just plug and play, or not? :dance::dance:

·
Registered
812 Posts
I fitted a 13 pin to my 08 platinum. It had a black and grey socket so I just swapped the wires to the correct pins. Obviously I had to cut the special Nissan connectors of the sockets.

If your fitting it to a vergin car I expect you will have to bring the 2 auxilerary cables back from the front for the heavy power that can be used on them .ie fridge and ATC if towing a caravan.
Mine seems to have these wires come from under the glovebox.

It's well worth it though as they seem more robust by a country mile.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I can think is your new (facelift) truck has a different wiring harness tto the older D40. you may have the wrong wiring kit.
Yeh I think thats the case, ordered the 13 pin kit for my truck today so all should be good by the weekend. £180 though

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I did a 13 pin on my 64 plate recently, one connector on the nearside rear on the side of the chassis for the lights and one feeds up into the passenger footwell from underneath to connect up to the Fridge Electrics with relay and fed in from the battery.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did a 13 pin on my 64 plate recently, one connector on the nearside rear on the side of the chassis for the lights and one feeds up into the passenger footwell from underneath to connect up to the Fridge Electrics with relay and fed in from the battery.
Thats good info mate thankyou . Going to tackle it this weekend.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello mate.. got some of my 13 pin kit fitted today but ran out of light, got the looms from the battery to behind the glovebox to the relays, then the two looms along the door trim to behind the rear seat. So looking at the instructions from there it goes out through a grommet to the rear 13 pin plug via the lighting connectors, however the is one cable that goes to what seems the drivers side rear which has got me stumped? It has a plug on the end? Can you shed any light on this?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So finished installing my genuine nissan 13 pin kit today. Its not exactly plug and play but never mind, however for those that have also fitted this kit you will know that there is a box of tricks that is mounted behind the passenger rear seat from which the 13 pin plug harness is connected. Also from this location is a second loom with 2 cables yellow and red that the instructions show to go to the rear of the truck directly below the drivers side rear light. Now I cannot for the life of me find where it goes connects to! The picture in the instructions shows you take a blank out of this plug on the truck and plug in the one off the kit. Iv tested everything as it is and all the pins seem to do what they are meant to.
Anyone??

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heres a pic of the instructions where it shows the area it should connect. Instructions are pretty **** tbh no writing just pictures! IMG_20161119_163416.jpg IMG_20161119_163346.jpg IMG_20161119_163327.jpg

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there a socket for the plug off the back off the actual 13 pin socket. I'm assuming those wires are a battery live and an ignition switched live feeds.
Nope nothing off the socket, that loom comes from under the glove box via a relay to the battery all part of the kit. Havnt actually tested the plug to see what is live as I ran out of light tonight

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It could also be a feed from the reversing light and indicator?
That was my thinking at first, I thought reverse and fog light however reverse light and fog lights all work on the socket, I tested them with a meter.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For what though? I posted about having got this kit about week ago and I think it was member mak1 who said hed just installed a 13 pin kit, I asked what this plug was for on there but that thread seems to have been deleted.

·
Premium Member
15,742 Posts
The 13 pin socket replaces the old 7 pin 12N and 12S sockets.

The N socket had the basic trailer functions (Lights, indicators, brake lghts etc.) with the growth of electrical units in caravans, there was a need for a battery live as well as ignition lives for battery charging and fridges, this is where the grey coloured 12S socket came in.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The 13 pin socket replaces the old 7 pin 12N and 12S sockets.

The N socket had the basic trailer functions (Lights, indicators, brake lghts etc.) with the growth of electrical units in caravans, there was a need for a battery live as well as ignition lives for battery charging and fridges, this is where the grey coloured 12S socket came in.
The instructions seem to show an existing spare plug on the truck with a blank in it, so remove the blank.and this plug off the kit fits where the blank was.

·
Premium Member
15,742 Posts
The instructions seem to show an existing spare plug on the truck with a blank in it, so remove the blank.and this plug off the kit fits where the blank was.

Or the blank is fitted to the new look=m that goes to the new socket?

It would be a good idea to scan all the instructions so we can work through them with you.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts