Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my Nav D40 on a Offroad meet. The descripton of the meet said " For standard and real offroad cars"
Well well.... Lets try then!

There where different trials. Easy, Medium and Hard. The easy one is fine they said :grin2:
My D40 has standard tyres and suspension. A bit into the trial a started to think " this is getting really nasty quick!"
One could break of the trail at different points. But you had to get there first!

At about 5 times i almost got stuck on the frame of the truck. Well, keep the speed up! :laugh2:
At the hill in the picture i had too stop and have a look wich of the two massive rocks would do the least amount of damage if i missed one. ( The picture does NOT show how steep, narrow and how high the rocks are at the top )

Ok, get in the truck! Make or brake! Aaaaand we made it without a broken transferbox / fueltank! Lucky I tell you!

BUT! The Navs 4WD was awesome no matter what! With a big lift and big tyres = Freakin awesome!

I Love my Nav......

/ Fredrik
Sweden.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
So what's your next mod then?

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse brevity and mistakes.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
You're certainly not hanging around!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi, Yeah its a beast off road. Mine is off the black top most weekends at the moment.
Tyres are your biggest friend. The trucks are not low in stock form and I wouldn't bother with all that lifting business just yet.... Get some MTs on her and some underbody armour. Pretty unstoppable then... ? Also some decent recovery gear, for pulling all those land rovers... ?

·
Administrator
2,384 Posts
Took my Nav D40 on a Offroad meet. The descripton of the meet said " For standard and real offroad cars"
Well well.... Lets try then!

There where different trials. Easy, Medium and Hard. The easy one is fine they said :grin2:
My D40 has standard tyres and suspension. A bit into the trial a started to think " this is getting really nasty quick!"
One could break of the trail at different points. But you had to get there first!

At about 5 times i almost got stuck on the frame of the truck. Well, keep the speed up! :laugh2:
At the hill in the picture i had too stop and have a look wich of the two massive rocks would do the least amount of damage if i missed one. ( The picture does NOT show how steep, narrow and how high the rocks are at the top )

Ok, get in the truck! Make or brake! Aaaaand we made it without a broken transferbox / fueltank! Lucky I tell you!

BUT! The Navs 4WD was awesome no matter what! With a big lift and big tyres = Freakin awesome!

I Love my Nav......

/ Fredrik
Sweden.

Wow, that's some track for "easy"!

When you're low on ground clearance sometimes you can aim for the big rocks with your wheels so you drive over them, rather than let them pass underneath. Low tyre pressure, somewhere around 20-22, will help even highway tyres grip their way up and over the obstacle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that's some track for "easy"!

When you're low on ground clearance sometimes you can aim for the big rocks with your wheels so you drive over them, rather than let them pass underneath. Low tyre pressure, somewhere around 20-22, will help even highway tyres grip their way up and over the obstacle.
Absolutely... Thats what i did. Got out, had a look. Aimed the tires on the rocks. The worry I had was that the rock would bang in the bodywork once the wheel got over... :grin2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts