1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Picking it up tomorrow.

New Navara Aventura with XTR snugtop.

Although I haven't got it yet I've bought allsorts of bits for it which I will fit as soon as I get it home:

20" alloys

Torqtec power ugrade
(takes it from 174 to 209bhp and improves fuel economy?)

load bed

chrome tailgate, mirror and door handle covers.

bedrug bedliner

3" a bar with stainless spotlights.

Headlamp protectors

I am also looking into importing some HID projector headlamps from the States. I can't seem to get an answer as to whether the beam direction can be altered to suit driving on the left.

Failing that there is a company in Morley near Leeds that does an HID conversion for the vehicle.

I'll try and post some pics when I actually get it home :lol:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Welcome 'aboard' diesel,

I knew you were getting one tomorrow, thats why I set up the forum :lol:

Seriously, I never realised, its September 1st isn't it, a new 56 plate eh? Nicely done.

I like the sound of your proposed upgrades, Firesstarter was saying that his power improvement mod improves economy too - can't grumble there.

HID lights are great, I may be wrong but I doubt the beam could be converted from LHD to RHD, i'll ask around though and try and get you a proper answer.

What type of vehicle are you changing from, do you have a 4x4 already?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome Diesel :D

Try your Aventura out before you fit the power upgrade............. you'll be quite chuffed with the difference 8)

Make sure you leave enough time for the ECU current to drain before fitting (10mins at least after ignition switched off) or it'll go into "safe" mode & you'll have to take it back to the dealer to get it reset it :oops:

Been thinking of getting a set of 20" wheels, let me know what the difference in handling is like please mate :wink:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, picked it up today, minus the snugtop :cry:

They've managed to scratch the top of the load bed in several areas :evil: where they tried to fit an in correct snugtop (for a Kingcab).

I fitted the 20" wheels tonight very blingin :lol:

Not gonna fit the power upgrade just yet so that I feel the benefit more when I've had the vehicle a couple of weeks.

HID lights are great, I may be wrong but I doubt the beam could be converted from LHD to RHD, i'll ask around though and try and get you a proper answer.
It's a shame about the HID projectors Ezzer. Do you think that the lights from a Pathfinder would fit? I think they are built on the same chassis and share many components with the Navara.

The only thing I'm disappointed with are the reversing sensors. They're mad. The unit just bleeps indiscriminately when your in reverse gear whether your near anything or not.

I will get the technicians to look at the sensors when it goes back in for the paintwork and the snugtop fitted.

Again, looking at the spec of the Pathfinder, it comes with a reversing camera. Does anyone know if the camera + fitting kit could be fitted to the Navara? This would be a better solution than the sensors anyway.

What type of vehicle are you changing from, do you have a 4x4 already?
I'm doing a self build barn conversion at the moment so have just chopped in a Fiat Scudo van.

I've owned lot's of 4x4s in the past, mainly old landy's and Suzukis.

I don't really intend doing much mud-plugging in the Nissan. It's mainly for carrying building materials/dogs whilst allowing the wife and I a bit of luxury.

Pics to follow. Too dark by the time I'fd fitted the wheels.

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
481 Posts
Sorry to hear about the prob Andy, but well done on getting your beast :wink:

I'll try to find out about the HIDs and camera for you mate, I'll ring Dave at Chorley Nissan when I can catch up with him - funnily enough, I was looking at a Pathfinder and a D40 next to each other recently, they look pretty similar

Look forward to the pics,

Ezz.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Firestarter said:
Been thinking of getting a set of 20" wheels, let me know what the difference in handling is like please mate :wink:
Had a drive this morning with the 20's on.

Mixed verdict really. They're fine on decent road surfaces (like we have lot's of those :roll: ) but it can be a bit fidgety on poor surfaces at speed.

All things considered I'll keep them on. It makes me feel like I'm 12 and I have my own monster truck :lol:

·
Registered
222 Posts
diesel said:
Firestarter said:
Had a drive this morning with the 20's on.

Mixed verdict really. They're fine on decent road surfaces (like we have lot's of those :roll: ) but it can be a bit fidgety on poor surfaces at speed.

All things considered I'll keep them on. It makes me feel like I'm 12 and I have my own monster truck :lol:
cheers mate, better start saving! :p

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the bedrug fitted this morning. According to the advert it's "very easy to fit in 30 minutes". My ar*e!!!!! It took me 2 hours early this morning.

Had to pack it in then as my wife was up and about so we started working on our ongoing barn conversion :)

When I ran out of wood and the light was failing I nipped out and fitted the headlamp protectors. Fortunately this was only a 10 minute job.

Just need to fit:
chrome tailgate and mirror covers
torqtec power upgrade box
XTR Snugtop (dealer fit when the t*ssers get it in stock)
Phone holder/charger
Stainless steel Nissan Fire Extinguisher
Stainlees steel A bar and S/S Spotlights
HID headlamp conversion (when I decide which one to go for)
Possibly the Pathfinder reversing camera if technically possible.

I am then going to investigate the possibility of chrome plating the side steps and the roof rack.

And then i'll be happy :lol:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ezzer said:
Firestarter said:
shiny happy person :D
:lol:

It sounds like it'll be the dog's danglies when its done mate - don't forget the pics :wink:
Took some last night but they were a bit **** as the light was going. I intend to take a load tomorrow when I get home from work.

·
Registered
222 Posts
diesel said:
ezzer said:
Firestarter said:
shiny happy person :D
:lol:

It sounds like it'll be the dog's danglies when its done mate - don't forget the pics :wink:
Took some last night but they were a bit **** as the light was going. I intend to take a load tomorrow when I get home from work.

for gods sake don't use the flash............... you'll end up blinded!!! :shock:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Firestarter said:
for gods sake don't use the flash............... you'll end up blinded!!! :shock:
:lol: :lol:

We are indeed on page 2 for the first time - another milestone!

Well done everyone :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.