Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've just reached 18k miles and have booked it in for a 1st service. When I asked how much I was quite taken aback by the reply- £352 at Sturgess Nissan. Now, I thought Nisaan would have standard prices, but no!
Just rang around a few other local dealers and been offered- £303, £260, £259, £200, £164.95.
So what the hell is going on here? What have other people paid? I've been told the first (R1) service takes 2-2.5 hours. In which case how can Sturgess justify £352 for 2 hours??????
Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was told by Nissan that, as long as you use Genuine Nissan parts you can service the Navara anywhere, and the warrenty still stands.

My local garage who service all my vans and other cars will get my business, bugger paying Nissan prices.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Things have moved on a bit once I told them what others were quoting, they did a full breakdown on labour parts etc, and showed me how some of the low costs cannot be correct. They also offered me a 10% discount just because I'd been questioning the price :)

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
makes you wonder what the dealer was going to do for £ 165 ?

massive price difference

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does doesn't it. Maybe lots of added extras afterwards, or they made a mistake. I'm told they all work to the same costing sheet, though some have lower labour rates- its 2-2.5 hours labour- approx £150. £120ish on parts, oil etc. So any quote under £270 seems wrong.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
fraser said:
Does doesn't it. Maybe lots of added extras afterwards, or they made a mistake. I'm told they all work to the same costing sheet, though some have lower labour rates- its 2-2.5 hours labour- approx £150. £120ish on parts, oil etc. So any quote under £270 seems wrong.
What parts are being replaced to cost ~£120 :shock:

At £150 for 2 hours labour mines not going anywhere near a Nissan dealer then!

Bob

·
Registered
221 Posts
Bloody hell it is expensive in the UK.

Mine cost $350 au ( $1au is about 50p) and that included Nissan sending it away to get a wheel balance and repair a flat ($50) and I thought that was a rip off.

Even if you replaced oil, oil filter, air filter and diesel filter it couldn't cost that much?......and do mechanics charge 70 pounds / hour? they charge $70 / hour here.

How come you can let it run so long without an oil change?....i used to change the oil every 5000 kms.

G

·
lol - my last car (merc S class - old one) - so im on the merc forums - £95 (190 AUD) / hr servicing charge in london. seriously. (main dealer)

at least merc parts are (surprisingly) cheap - a new bonnet badge thingy? 12 quid - 25 quid on ebay tho' :?

didnt notice the bill from the nissan guy here in somerset - for some reason 300 quid rings a bell.... (not when with my last car a 500 quid bill was a relief... :shock: )

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone know how much oil is required for an oil change?
I'm going to be complaining about a few aspects of this service. Firstly the oil cost. I've been charged £58.45 +VAT! for Castrol Performance 10w 40 Semi Syn. How much does the engine hold ***? I know most engines its around 5 litres, which retails at around £25 inc vat., so trade is probably around £15.
Which makes £58 around the 400% markup. Bastards

Also, Ive been charged £50.60 for TWO Air Filter kits- at £25.30 each. Whats going on here? Its only got one as far as I'm aware :evil: :evil:

I'm afraid it won't be going back there, and I'll be complaining until I get some of the cost back.........

Right, phoned the parts dept about these filters- there are two, they're cabin pollen filters ***, and they are down to be replaced at every service..........
Also, in the handbook it says 7.6 litres of oil, so I can see how they'd argue the price....Rant over, sorry. I just hate paying them this kind of money so they can leave you waiting around and treat you rudely....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took mine to Marshalls Nissan in cambridge for its first service. £263, which included new wiper blades (£20) and a litre of top up oil (which i haven't had to use, yet!). They also gave it a wash and polish, i took it in filthy to see if they would. :lol:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Very nice lady from Beadles rang me in January and asked if I'd like to book my Nav in for it's 18K service. When I asked how much she said £475.00 ( can't remember if inc/+ VAT, irrelevant really ) when I laughed and said no seriously how much is it really, she snootily said £475.00 again. I asked her how they could justify that cost with the consumables being max £80 - £100 RRP, and being in a recession, she didn't have an answer. I said I wouldn't bother at that price, she said OK and put the phone down...Nice !

Spoke to a local diesel guy, he got all the parts from Beadles, service cost £ 175.00 inc VAT. Sweeet :D :D :D

Main Stealers, I **** em !

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think my 18000 mile service was supposed to be £475. When I laughed they said they wont replace to pollen filters and top the washer bottle up and all the other ***** they come up with! :pirate:

Eventual price £340.

Which is still taking the ****, but they did do LOTS of recall stuff. For some reason they had both front wings off last time!

But now the warrently is up, local garage, £178 for full service.

Paul

·
Registered
200 Posts
We were sold with 3 Years Free servicing; Nissan told us it was fixed price servicing: thats really bad :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Nav is coming up for 2 years old (only 13k miles) so it's R1 service time my dealer has told me,

Been quoted £330 which includes parts etc (Firsway Nissan in Leigh),

This seems pretty reasonable for a main dealer judging what other users have been posting,

I need a FNSH as I'm looking to part with my lovely Long Way Down a little later in the year,

Cheers,

Steve :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Our local independant garage has quoted significantly less for the 1st service than the £411 the main dealer in Telford wanted. Where do I stand on recalls etc by not using Nissan?

The local garage will be using all genuine Nissan parts (allegedly).

I do need to maintain a FSH but the local garage is so much more convenient.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have never used a main dealer as they are all robbing b*****ds! Thank god i work on cars.

I cant believe the costs of servicing! I have a good mind quit my day job and service cars at half the dealers prices lol!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts