Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 Nissan King Cab D22 with the TD25Ti engine and a manual gearbox won't rev past 1500 rpm, and when it happens, the engine stutters and immobilizer led on the dash lights up temporarily (the light turns off and the stuttering stops once I ease off on the throttle). The problem started quite sudden.

I've changed the fuel filter, the air filter, and cleaned the micro filter but no change. It has almost a full tank to which I've added a diesel additive, and the truck starts and idle just fine. Both batteries and the alternator are fine. The left battery (when standing in front of the car) has been taken offline for while. Throttle pedal ECU reset doesn't seem to apply to this model year. The fuel filter primer feels stiff (I pre-filled the new filter before assembly).

Please advice!

· Administrator
17,495 Posts
Welcome to forum.

From the looks of it the immobiliser warning could be the cause.
Firstly, check your ignition key isn't swinging with the weight of other things, it could be cutting off the ignition!
Next step would be to make sure your battery connections are all solid.

· Registered
18 Posts
My 2001 Nissan King Cab D22 with the TD25Ti engine and a manual gearbox won't rev past 1500 rpm, and when it happens, the engine stutters and immobilizer led on the dash lights up temporarily (the light turns off and the stuttering stops once I ease off on the throttle). The problem started quite sudden.

I've changed the fuel filter, the air filter, and cleaned the micro filter but no change. It has almost a full tank to which I've added a diesel additive, and the truck starts and idle just fine. Both batteries and the alternator are fine. The left battery (when standing in front of the car) has been taken offline for while. Throttle pedal ECU reset doesn't seem to apply to this model year. The fuel filter primer feels stiff (I pre-filled the new filter before assembly).

Please advice!
I had a similar problem with a Toyota pick up a couple o& years ago, tuned out to be an inline filter from the tank to the main fuel filter. It was a small plastic one that was blocked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts