Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my hand brake is now non existent, can anyone help me with how to tighten it. I got the wife to pull it up and down while I had a look under the vehicle and it seems that they are stuck solid at the rear axle the cable wiggles a bit but the handbrake springs do not move a mm. Further up under the. Can where the cable connector is and that seems like it was overtightened at some point....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does the handbrake move against an early resistance or all the way up?

The adjuster itself is a bracket that mates the cable coming from the hand brake lever to the cable running back to the drums.

On other cars with rear drums brakes I had, problems arose

- when the handbrake crank lever on the drum back plate got stuck
- when the brake shoes needed a shoe-to-drum adjustment (handbrake levers at drum back plate ran aginst their stops, not moving the shoes far enough to the drum).
- when the brakes where worn down, leaving not enough space for further adjustment of the hand brake cables

HTH,
Mark

Here's a few screenshots from the manual:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does the handbrake move against an early resistance or all the way up?

The adjuster itself is a bracket that mates the cable coming from the hand brake lever to the cable running back to the drums.

On other cars with rear drums brakes I had, problems arose

• when the handbrake crank lever on the drum back plate got stuck
  • when the brake shoes needed a shoe-to-drum adjustment (handbrake levers at drum back plate ran aginst their stops, not moving the shoes far enough to the drum).
  • when the brakes where worn down, leaving not enough space for further adjustment of the hand brake cables

HTH,
Mark

Here's a few screenshots from the manual:

I know this is an old thread but where is the adjuster on cable located on 4wd model. I have a 2009 but am assuming it will be the same as everything on diagrams appear to be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts