Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

the rear bumper on my 2004 D22 is rotting away. I just wondered if a later model (early D40? NP300?) model would also fit. D22 bumpers have become as rare as hens lips and even gnarly ones cost a fortune.
Any thoughts or experiences?

Cheers,
Mark

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could just remove it. Or just replace it with a length of steel, will require some fabrication though.

The D40 bumper will fit.
They'll tar and feather you over here for removing the bumper.... but the D40 advice ist great, I'll give that a try then. Thanks for clearing this up!

Cheers,
Mark

·
Registered
301 Posts
They'll tar and feather you over here for removing the bumper.... but the D40 advice ist great, I'll give that a try then. Thanks for clearing this up!

Cheers,
Mark
The d22 rear bumper rusts away on the o/s you can buy aftermarket ones the double tube type ones are more easier to come by don’t like them with no rear bumper on, New bumpers are still available from the dealer but at a cost,

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The d22 rear bumper rusts away on the o/s you can buy aftermarket ones the double tube type ones are more easier to come by don’t like them with no rear bumper on, New bumpers are still available from the dealer but at a cost,
Aye, I'll see what I can get, but the aftermarketstuff can get you in trouble with the guys in blue or the MOT over here, so I'd rather opt for a standart bumper...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Aye, I'll see what I can get, but the aftermarketstuff can get you in trouble with the guys in blue or the MOT over here, so I'd rather opt for a standart bumper...
Looked at a website in the uk that do the standard d22 rear bumper in stainless steel but they were sold out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts