Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I am in a spot of bother with my car. We were driving along the car was running fine then all of a sudden there was a bit of a bang the car then started to over rev and blue/ white smoke was gushing out the exhaust the engine sounded like it was knocking a bit.
So in to the mechanics it went ! It was diagnosed as a blown engine with compression down in one of the chambers.
I have been told buy some non experts, funny more than one person came up with this, it may be just an injector problem, can anyone help with some more information or maybe have some idea of how I can check this theory out please ? it was my old Dads car and the only thing he could leave me in his will.
Thankyou
Josh

·
Administrator
15,346 Posts
Welcome along.

I would suggest a compression test, if the mechanics carried one out and one cycling is low, it is most likely a head gasket.
These engines do have a reputation for self destructing in the Nissan patrol world.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I know the reputation they have so many people are keeping away from them now
Yea it was comp tested by the mechanic.
It leaks a little oil from the injectors that was diagnosed at the last service and was due to be fixed asap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts