Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've recently bought a 2006 R51 pathfinder 2.5 Diesel Automatic which we're really enjoying except for a few issues. It has 135000kms (about 80000 Miles)

1. Cutting out on hard acceleration - the vehicle starts easily, even when left for a few days, however whenever you try to accelerate hard the engine dies and there is a hissing sound too. After this it is back to normal until you accelerate hard again. I'm thinking possibly pressure relief valve or SCV? Apart from this it sounds fine and has good power

2. Whining Noise - Seems to do this when stationary and when driving and rises and falls with engine revs. This morning I removed one of the intake hoses, post turbo, and found some oil in there. Not gushing out but enough to cause a few small drips.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Could be SCV or boost solenoid, but I'd check hoses from turbo, and the intercooler, for leaks first. Do you have an ODB dongle to read data with?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers, I'll run through all of the intercooler hoses.

I don't have an OBD2 dongle but would like to buy one - any recommendations?

Currently I have a V Gate Maxiscan VS 890 but it doesn't display boost or common rail pressure

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
4,249 Posts
Your problem does sound like a pressure release valve or suction control valve!
The whine could be the start of the alternator clutch pulley failing? A few weeks ago i had a whine (sounded like a low volume supercharger) which rose and fell with the revs and a week or 2 later it changed to a "click click" noise which i was able to locate as coming from the front of the alternator!
Ive changed the alternator today and the noise has gone!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your problem does sound like a pressure release valve or suction control valve!
The whine could be the start of the alternator clutch pulley failing? A few weeks ago i had a whine (sounded like a low volume supercharger) which rose and fell with the revs and a week or 2 later it changed to a "click click" noise which i was able to locate as coming from the front of the alternator!
Ive changed the alternator today and the noise has gone!
Now you mention this if I hold the revs at a constant speed the noise seems to disappear - possibly this points to the alternator pulley clutch as once engaged the noise fades?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts