Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2007 d40 navara you can start drive gears go through smooth then when you stop at a give way stop sign etc and go to take off it's like its stayed in high gear you can turn off and start again and it's back to 1st any ideas?

· Administrator
17,495 Posts
Hi I have a 2007 d40 navara you can start drive gears go through smooth then when you stop at a give way stop sign etc and go to take off it's like its stayed in high gear you can turn off and start again and it's back to 1st any ideas?
Welcome to the forum.

What's the fluid level like?

Does it change down in normal driving? (slowing, accelerating or going uphill) or if you do it manually?

If it isn't the fluid it could be the downshift solenoid.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

What's the fluid level like?

Does it change down in normal driving? (slowing, accelerating or going uphill) or if you do it manually?

If it isn't the fluid it could be the downshift solenoid.
Gidday once in top gear it stays there unless i turn off and start again. fluid level is good. Awsome thanks for the info .

· Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I had the exact same issue in a 2006 D40. It turned out to be a bad solder joint for a plug and socket connector on a printed circuit board in the gearbox, but the mechanic only found this after many days of pulling the gearbox apart checking everything including changing solenoids in the gearbox. I dont know exactly where the board is located on the gearbox or in the car but any decent gearbox mechanic should know where it is and be able to check it.
Hope this helps and saves you the money it cost me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts