Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read there is a power decrease of 3hp loosing fuel consumption from 33.2 to 28.8 manual & 30.9 to 26.9 auto.
All to do with Euro 4 emmisions.
Kerbweight up 20kg & payload down 20kg.
Also new stereo on the non sat nav ones.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think you'll find that the Uk model Navaras are built in Spain. This is changing soon to Thailand.

The new Hilux is built in South Africa.
The ford Ranger is built in Thailand as is the Mazda B50 and the L200 is also built in Thailand I believe.

As far as I am aware none of the Uk models from any manufacturer are actually built in Japan.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The change to Euro 4 happened around September/October I believe so it will affect some 56 plate models as well.

One advantage I've heard of is the road tax is cheaper on these models due to the emission decrease.

·
Registered
221 Posts
murph_fan51 said:
Just a question which might be slightly off topic, but where is the UK Navara built? In Japan like the rest?
D22's were built in Thailand and the D40's are built in Spain. Ive been told that production of the D22's have stopped and they will start building the D40's for the pacific region and Asia in Thailand in a new factory.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Australian spec D22's are built in Japan that why they are similar priced to the D40's. D40's are built in spain.

Japan is still making the D22's because they are the work ute serie's in Australia. D40's are marketed in the sports ute catorgry.

From what I have seen and read D22's are built better then the D40's and have less problems aswell.

The ZD30DDT did have it problems but that has been sorted by increasing the oil capacity. I have heard of more YD25DDTI's blowing up lately.

They will sort it out. Its a small motor making big power and torque, its a highly stressed motor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
gasgasman said:
The change to Euro 4 happened around September/October I believe so it will affect some 56 plate models as well.

One advantage I've heard of is the road tax is cheaper on these models due to the emission decrease.
I got my D40 in December and it is Euro 4.

You are right about the tax: £110 per year.

But I am concerned about fuel consumption as I'm getting 25 mpg and was hoping for 30+.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm getting 32mpg on average with town driving on the older model D40 non euro 4.

·
Registered
79 Posts
What do any other Euro4 owners think?

I've test driven a pre-Euro4, but am now wondering if I should make sure I try a Euro4 car before ordering??

·
Registered
257 Posts
To be honest, I don't think you would notice the difference in power or weight.

You save on road tax at the expense of worse fuel consumption so if you were a high miler there could be no benefit.

My mate has a november registered 56 plate Adventura and I've got an 06 registered Outlaw and I can't tell the difference power wise.

On the payload front 20kg isn't that much, 1 bag of cement.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got my Euro 4 in November. It's an auto and I get 23 - 25 MPG.
I found an interesting article on a Volvo XC90 (the wifes got one) owners site about Euro 4 compliance and in particular diesel particulate filters. It boiled down to the fact that for the manufacturer to comply they stick a filter in the exhaust that catches the soot particles, then every so often burns them off. As this filter is a restriction and therefore reduces power they tweak the EMU to give more power so bringing it back to where it should be, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think the issue with the Euro 4 models is the fuel consumption.

I was reading about a customised Nav that produced 195bhp but more importantly 20% more torque 500 newton meters (Can't remember what the ft/lbs was).

This was done for around £800 and consisted of a Ecu remap (not a chip) a K+N cold filter induction kit and a scorpion exhaust.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts