Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm getting a bit desperate now with this issue as it's quite frustrating. Title kinda says it all, stop on hill, go to take off and no matter how much I rev or ride clutch and so on it just stalls non stop ( most of the time ) sometimes works fine but rarely.

And now for my only solution so far ,. I have to go into 4 low and it'll crawl away no issue at all. Any help is appreciated, also if more info is needed just ask and I'll give it best I can.

·
Administrator
12,667 Posts
It sounds like the engine is well down on power.
Have a read through How to Investigate Engine running issues at the top of this section.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I'll have a read and work through it. The car drives perfectly fine aside from the hill start issue. Feels good on power, doesn't hesitate when giving it the beans or anything.

·
Administrator
12,667 Posts
Ok, perhaps the clutch is failing. I did have the earlier 2005 to 2010 model that stalled very easily until the clutch was replaced with a SMF flywheel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the speedy reply, it's done 116 km so possibly due for the clutch to start having troubles based off my knowledge of how bad they can be. Any pointers on what I could check for in regards to see if it's any issue with the clutch ?

·
Administrator
12,667 Posts
Worth reading a few other posts on the topic to check the simple stuff first
For example

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the links. I've had a read and at this stage I'm leaning towards similar issues as the scv. The car was serviced maybe 5000 km ago full log book service. It's just such an odd issue. Go to drive off at a hill and it just won't go, it tries to but no matter how much I rev it I can watch the revs die down then die. As soon as I go 4 low it goes no worries. Would it be worth getting the Nissan dealer to scan for codes ?

·
Administrator
12,667 Posts
Rather than drop $150 with Nissan, buy an OBD dongle for you phone and read them yourself, only about £10 here.

Have you tried pulling off in 6th, 5th, 4th low etc?

·
Registered
2009 D40
49 Posts
Is your parking brake sticking on? will the truck roll on a hill in neutral...... strange problem indeed ?

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
This makes no sense. So the angle of the truck on a prospective incline, determines the power it can deliver to the wheels. And as soon as 4WD is selected, there is no issue and it pulls like a train on any incline.

Is that right?

I think the fact that you select 4 low is not directly effecting the issue. 4 low is just that, really low. So you are simply giving the truck massive mechanical advantage in order to hide the main problem. In other words, you are just hiding the problem with 4 low, not temporarily fixing it.

How long have you driven this truck? Are you absolutely certain you have boost?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does sound like it could be down on boost, get somebody to squeeze the intercooler pipe from the turbo to the intercooler hot side rev to 2500 and see if the pipe tries to expand in the other persons hand providing it's still a rubber pipe of course

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi guys sorry for the late reply. So 4 low cycles through all gears fine and takes off from every gear fine too. I've owned it for maybe close to 12 months. I don't have a boost gauge either so I'm kinda just going off general feel that I have full boost as it's perfectly fine to drive and has plenty of grunt. As for squeezing the pipe Ive got the metal hot pipe installed . Also handbrake isn't an issue either as it rolls on hills. I've got one of the Bluetooth things on the way and have the torque app so once all that is here I'll run it and post up and codes. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok guys so my scanner tool still hasn't arrived, next week it should. But there is developing news. For some reason it's now developed a slight rough idle on startup after being parked for a day or night. Car still runs fine and it goes back to normal in a minute or 2.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I gave the primer a bit of a pump this morning before starting and it seemed to help a bit. Any recommendation on others testing for the air leak or is it best to replace filter and check all fittings and so on ? Thanks for help.

·
Administrator
12,667 Posts
Yes, check the connections.
The other thing is that some cheap fuel filters do not come with the black T piece, you would re-use the old one. Problem with that is that they dont always seal properly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts