Nissan-Navara.net banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Not sure what I did but it all works now.

I think the problem was that the car was not set to the same 4x4 mode as whatever the trans case was set to when it got dismantled from the wreckers. Somehow I must have got the acutator lever set wrong or something jammed from me setting it upside down the first time. But anyway case solved.

Im only left with some vibrations on start up, that dissapears after a few seconds. Im thinking the propshaft/driveshafts is out of sync. will try to spin them a little and see if I can get it balanced better.

Cheers for your support landmannnn makes it so much easier to have someone to throw the ball at when you are stuck. Much appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Happy days the switch has burnt out again... I guess the Nissan service guys don't know what they are doing..
I'm also loosing boost pressure, hence why the solenoid was blown when i got the car im thinking.
Perhaps there is a faulty module here, somewhere where the fan, boost solenoid and 4wd switch links togheter.. the burning smell is still there, something is shorting..
Luckly i didnt get Nissan to replace the transfer case, that would have been 5k down the drain.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
17,173 Posts
So some almost unrelated codes.


P0238 - TC boost sen/circ.
This is the boost sensor mounted just after the intercooler.
P1614 - Chain of immu-key
This says that someone has tried to start the vehicle with an unregistered key or that there is an issue with anti theft
P102B - Exhaust gas system
Jury is out on this code. Maybe an egr fault or maybe a MAF code, Nissan have messed around with this code!
P1827 - Clutch pressure
This is the switch (on/off) in the transfer case which monitors hydraulic pressure.

Do you think you could have all these playing up? We often find that a bad battery or poor ground connection can trigger a range of codes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I’m under the impression that there is a short or overload somewhere causing these issues..

Perhaps the actuator motor staying on is causing stress on other circuits?

Never had any issues with the battery, seems to hold charge well. But sure worth testing a new one. Just annoying that it seems to cost me a 4wd switch in between testing new parts..
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
17,173 Posts
I agree some sort of short. You would have thought the fuses would protect the wiring.

Any obvious signs of damage to the wiring? Rats and mice have been known to chew through things (although in Australia you've probably got some more critters than can do damage)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
That’s what I thought as well.. I’m tempted to retro fit a fuse on power supply to the 4wd switch. At least it will save me $75 everytime it shorts.

I have seen loads of ants which I got rid of with some poison. Not sure if ants can damage wiring?

It’s hard to follow the wiring as it disappears in to the dash. I can definitely smell something burning as soon the ignition and air blower fan is on. No smell in the engine bay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I pulled it out but couldn’t see any obvious faults and didn’t smell anything.
I’m not entirely sure but it seems like if I start the fan in cold 16 degrees there is no smell but as soon I turn it up to 32 degrees the smell starts to come but only for a few seconds then it disappears
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Do you still hold the actuator as a likely cause landmannn? Or does it seem less likely considering all the other codes?

i have pulled the dash out and exposed some wiring in the engine bay but can’t see any obvious signs of wiring damage..

could modules/ecus short internally and reck havoc on the control system?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I’ve ordered a second hand actuator to try.

Meanwhile I’m trying to make sense of the burning smell.
How on earth can I only smell it in the right side vents? Not in the left ones.
Bcm and tcu disconnected and the smell is still there. But only in the right side air vents..
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper
 
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Top