Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When should you be changing the water pump. Mine has 100000 miles on it now and thats about the time my Shogun's failed. Getting a dry bearing squeeking noise and having trouble norrowing it down. Tensioner bearings are good, belts have been changed and alternator is only 2 years old. Thinking it might be the water pump.

·
Administrator
12,315 Posts
It could be the water pump but it is very unlikely. It is far more likely to be the alternator even if it is not that old

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be the water pump but it is very unlikely. It is far more likely to be the alternator even if it is not that old
I was thinking the same, i sprayed a bit of silicone spray onto the belt and sound immediately went away, so its a good chance its the alternator again. I will get a pulley kit and give that a go

·
Administrator
12,315 Posts
I can remember buying an aftermarket alternator, it wasn't that expensive but the bearings failed after about a year.
Spraying the belt would say to me that it is a pulley issue, back to square one as you now need to find out which pulley is causing the problem.

Saying that, is your belt tight enough? From memory it should be 10kg to deflect the belt 1mm on the longest stretch.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like its the alternator again, 2 years and 2 months old. 2 year warranty on it, supplier won't do anything for me either. Oh well, I'll get another and open this one up and see if i can get a set of bearings for it to have as a spare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts