Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and searched the web and for the love of god can not find anything about filling up the transmission of the auto box. I found stuff saying about a dipstick point under the fuel filter.... had a look and nothing there, can not find it at all. Does anyone know where its likely to be or have pictures or is the 2013 model filled the same way as a manual via plug on the side of the box? I tried looking on haynes but they only seem to have up to 2010. Owners manual says "take to a dealer" which lol I'm not gonna be doing thank you very much :D. I need help please :(. Thanks David

·
Administrator
13,307 Posts
The 5AT in the manual I have describes the procedure. You fill it from the drain plug using a bucket pump with Nissan adaptor. Then the level is checked by getting oil to exactly 40 degrees and allowing excess to flow out of the drain with the engine running.
That is an overview of a relatively complex process, the days of dipsticks seem to have gone.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 5AT in the manual I have describes the procedure. You fill it from the drain plug using a bucket pump with Nissan adaptor. Then the level is checked by getting oil to exactly 40 degrees and allowing excess to flow out of the drain with the engine running.
That is an overview of a relatively complex process, the days of dipsticks seem to have gone.
christ, sounds a bit complicated. Guess I wont be doing it then :/. Thank you for the reply, I couldn't find info anywhere on the web of it. Appreciated

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would it work dropping what oil comes out and topping up with the same amount ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone tried to change the auto box oil yet on the sealed (non dipstick) box. I have a 2015 D40 spanish and dont know if i can believe that the trans oil is for life. I also read somewhere on a USA site that the nissan matic J oil is actually Castrol transmax dectron V1

·
Administrator
13,307 Posts
Actually it isn't a sealed for life box, it just doesn't have a dipstick.

Any reputable garage will be able to change the oil, it does require a bucket pump and Nissan adaptor which you can buy, about £100 UK.

You might be right on the fluid, I used a fluid which specifically said it was compatible with Nissan matic J.

·
Registered
D40 2011
3 Posts
Hi guys I'm having the same problem finding so called dipstick! I can see what I'm presuming the now retired dipstick filler which is blanked off. Can remove this blank and fill from here?

·
Administrator
13,307 Posts
Yes you can. Alternatively you can use the right tool for the job which fills from the front drain hole. I thin this may be the one

·
Registered
D40 2011
3 Posts
Cheers Landmannnn. I'll get one ordered. How much oil should I expect to put in it? Or how do I know what the right amount is? Sorry for so many questions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts