Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 2013 D40 automatic. The engine is 100% dead and a rebuild or new engine will cost me way to much to do. I was wondering what I could swap it with or if anyone has swapped them what they have done. I am a little worried with airbags etc because swapping the engine would mean a new ECU and not sure how the airbags will be hooked up.

I am happy to change it to a petrol or manual also. Any ideas or expertise on this would be great.

Thanks,
Brenten

·
Registered
264 Posts
When my 2012 Ford ranger was swapped to a UZ they kept the Ford ECU and everything else and simply ran the 1uz standalone with the Toyota computer..... thing like dash lights for oil pressure and water temp etc etc they just fitted the Ford sensors to the Toyo motor... not sure what they did to keep the Ranger Tacho but it worked too.

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Fondles is right, just leaving the existing ECUs in place and adding one to run the new engine.

Quite a bit of work to engineer a different engine in place.

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Thanks guys this is a great help. I am just checking out all my options first.
A couple of points:
If you aren't bothered about 4 wheel drive then you can drop virtually any conventional engine and gearbox in.
Not sure on your local regulations, but watch out on the rules around emissions - some countries are fussy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts