Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I recently bought a 16 plate Nissan navara np300. It’s a 7 speed automatic, absolutely great gearbox however, small issue with changing to 3rd gear, feels like it’s slipping just after shifting to 3. Sounds like holding the clutch on a manual and then letting go too quick. Gives a bit of a jerk. Also when at low speeds it is hesitant to downshift from 3rd to 2nd and causes her to chug loose momentum .
I thought about getting an automatic gearbox flush done.
any help or recommendations?

Thank you.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi,guessing your car has done more than 100K kilometres ,it certainly would be a good idea. The manufacturer says sealed for life transmission .
Changed my NP300 transmission fluid at 80K and the oil was dark with lots of metal paste attached to the two magnets on the bottom of the pan. Also installed new filter. Transmission changes smoothly up and down . Will do next change at 40K as first change was probably too long . With luck,an oil and filter change may remedy your problem . Martin

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all

I recently bought a 16 plate Nissan navara np300. It’s a 7 speed automatic, absolutely great gearbox however, small issue with changing to 3rd gear, feels like it’s slipping just after shifting to 3. Sounds like holding the clutch on a manual and then letting go too quick. Gives a bit of a jerk. Also when at low speeds it is hesitant to downshift from 3rd to 2nd and causes her to chug loose momentum .
I thought about getting an automatic gearbox flush done.
any help or recommendations?

Thank you.
After getting the a gearbox flush done it seems that the problem with 3rd gear is still there. I am starting to think that I might have a faulty solenoid or perhaps something else if wrong.
Any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts