Nissan-Navara.net banner

2019 Tekna spec???

4K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  cobra427 
#1 ·
I was thinking of buying a new Tekna. However they have removed the rear parking sensors...they are fitted as standard on the NGuard.

The dealer cannot tell me if they are available as a factory option that integrates with the rear view camera, as they do on my current Tekna.

Can anyone tell me if they are an option, or has had them retrofitted..?

Thanks...

PS
Still no Auto function on wipers..:frown2:
But it does have an external temperature sender...:smile2:

#2 ·
Reversing sensors are a factory option(says a lot about the dealer) but could not see the point on mine as they were more of an annoyance with using a trailer a lot . Have you got the new brochure ? I have the PDF if you PM your email. The camera is better on the new one with a wider field of view .
Auto wipers would have put me off as the D40 ones were a nightmare always coming on when not needed ,I havent missed them at all.
The new manual box makes a huge difference to fuel economy. as you are doing 75 at 2k rpm in top.

#3 ·
With rear sensors and towing - surely the electrics realise you’re towing and so don’t go mad thinking you’re reversing into a trailer you’re actually towing? Every modern car I’ve towed with doesn’t have a problem with reversing sensors and towing, surely the Navara can cope?

#6 ·
Strewth, is that confirmed as happening on the updated NP300 too? I'm getting mine tomorrow, tow bar going on at the weekend with plug & play electrics, it'll be very frustrating if it does beep all the damn time when reversing but I suppose it is a first world problem.

Looking forward to taking delivery tomorrow. It is being driven to me from Luton (i'm in Shrewsbury) so a few miles on the clock before i get it but no worries. I'll have 4 original tyres to sell if anyone wants them...

#7 ·
There is no reason for it to be different, as the upgrade is limited as such. Not all non nissan wiring kits kill the fog light when hitched to a trailer. The other issue some find odd is there is no second indicator warning light to show the trailer indicators are working so dont waste time looking for one.

#15 ·
My Lad has had a Ranger Wildtrak for 3 years and is very happy with the handling and consumption - its the 5cyl 3.2L version. The few times Ive driven it - towing - its seems to have good performance.
Ive had two test drives of the 2.0L 210PS version and while I don't thing the torque is as good as the 3.2 its certainly no slouch. To be honest I cannot feel much difference in road holding/bounce between my coli sprung Tekna and the Ford but Im not a fast driver - I believe the new Tekna has more "tuned" coil springs and they have lifted the rear by about an inch so not sure what difference this may make.
One big difference is road noise, the Ford is much quieter. Don't know what its like at motorway speeds but Ive read its very quiet...heres hoping!

#16 · (Edited)
Im not knocking the Ford if they hadnt been 4.5k out on price against the new Tekna thats where I would have gone .Have you actually tried the new Nissan as its every bit as quiet on the motorway you can cruise at 70 at 1800 rpm. I have driven both as it turned out I was pleased I heard about the new model Navara before I signed for the ford.
The new springing on the Nissan has sorted my biggest gripe with the NP300 we had 800kg in the back the other day and 3.5ton on a trailer and really did not sense it was there.

#17 ·
It does seem that the new ranger with the 210bhp/500Nm engine is the benchmark for the pickup market. (Not the rough old 2.2 and 3.2 engines)

Nissan will need to up their game to compete against it, as their current price under cutting isn't sustainable. (They are having a shocking time in the US with over aggressive pricing and very low margins)

#20 ·
Ive heard the horror stories too...broken, chassis, failed rear axle, snapped timing chain..oh, I remember, that was the Navara..Ive had 3 Navaras one used, two new and I have not any issues with any - apart from this one with leaking hoses, and colour faded side steps....

My point is that there will be some failures - I would imagine there are many more transits on the road than all makes of pick up put together.....

#21 ·
Exactly that we have had about a dozen D40s and then NP300 they all have or had done in excess off 120k never had a mechanical breakdown at all and it was just the last np300 that needed an IC hose that was picked up at last service even though it was unoticed driving it. Sorry we had the 4wd switch issue on 2 of the first ones but they were fixed with the new switches. It is like insurance in the other thread ,Its how its dealt with when the worse happens that really matters. That is why it would have been difficult to buy Ford again. We have a Ford dealership neighbouring the farm so it would be very convenient.

#22 ·
Must admit that all the minor issues Ive had with Nissan have all been dealt with efficiently...although I have not used my local, most convenient dealership due in the main to attitude issues - my Daughter wouldn't even give me lift there she hates the place so much!

Same with the Ford dealership...I had two identical quotes, one said "this deal is only for today so would you like to sign now?" - I walked and Im buying from a dealership 30 miles away.

Anyway, deposit paid, delivery promised for 6 September...so we will see how it works out....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.