Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am starting to look for a set of alloys for my car, has anyone fitted 22s, as ive heard that they can foul the inner front arches?

any one fitted 20s without any bother.?

pics would be good, as i am considering the Titan style alloys, but would like to see others.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've got 20's fitted to my D22.
I had to trim the inner edge on the front mudflaps as the caught on full lock.
I'm going to upgrade mine to 22's once i've saved enough money.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
outlaw said:
i have a set of 22s and they dont touch, ive seen 24s on a d40, it makes the ride more car like with less body roll,
go on you know you want some :D
i know i want 22s i am just trying to justify it to myself :D

i had kahn 22s on my range rover and they were rubbish, too weak for the car , now i have 22 " matrix mania alloys,which are much better,

which have you got ? any pictures, been quoted £1600 plus vat for a set of titans with tyres. or £1400 for the 20s.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Same dilema I'm in at the moment too, 22's or 20's. I want 22's for the "look" but really 20's would be better so I can still go off road slightly!!
A guy I have been talking to in Derby recommends the 20's and mess about with tyre profiles. Been told 22's create a lot of road noise and the "tram line" effect. Not sure how true this is!!
But will wait and see once I have saved up for them!!

He is in the process of removing 22's fitting a set of 24's to his Land Cruiser. His mate had some 26's on his H2 Hummer!! :shock:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Rusty, i have had no problem at all with tram lining.
The tyre noise is no different than with the standard outlaw wheels and tyres.
There is nothing wrong with my wheels or tyres, i just want the more sporty look.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi All,
Im not really a fan of the factory 4-star Nissan rims. I also dont really prefer 'large' rims (18" max.) on pick ups trucks. But I know everyone has their own opinions... :wink:

I have spotted these Frontier rims for the D22, which are better than the factory 4-star rims and are 17"...you can also get polished version or charcoal colour:

Here is the standard factory obviously...16":

Here is the other Frontier rims, these are 15":

Website is:
http://www.hubcaphaven.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
20's or 22's

Had the same questions but after much thought and many phone calls the conclusion is this - if you tow and have rough roads go for 20's if you don't then 22's can be used, i've just picked up my new D40 outlaw and fitted 20's straight away BRILLIANT !!! smooth and still comfortable, I tow allot and our country roads are rubbish ! ps there are many recommendations for tire size i went for 275/45X20 same rolling radius as the originals[/list]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.