Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm running 22" I were going to go for some 24's but didn't want to sacrifice the comfort. 22" with 285/45/22 tyres is perfect. Also saved my original wheels and put mud tyres on for winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks NavD40. And i fully agree with cssuk, but my truck is a beauty queen and not a work horse. I just want somthing different. So 24's and a 6" lift will do for me!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
hmm that will look a bit daft tbh although the 24" wheel is bigger the tyre sidewall has to shrink significantly to get the same overall diameter so the new wheels will look very lost in there, if your looking for the bigger arch fillers then you need bigger tyres not wheels or a combination of both however you will lose significant performance and MPG unless you regear the final drives 24" diameter tyres tend to have very low profiles over here, there is another thing to consider on our uk roads a couple of potholes will quickly destroy your wheels with that amount of weight on them, my wifes car has 35 profile tyres and so far we have replaced 2 wheels for the same reason and it only weighs a half if that of the Nav.

you can see the effect in the video below and those pickups have big lifts 38 inch tyres in the uk would be very illegal without massive arch extensions which are available but the cost to do that dunno i suspect it would be cheaper to buy a yank tank and do the same, one final thought a 22" micky thompson AT 37/13/22 runs at 65psi ouch

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just so you know what state if mind im in, that truck is gorgeous lol!!

I love big american trucks with big lifts and big wheels. It is a shame that uk laws are so strict on stuff like this!
With the help of rich and others i have been searching for the biggest 'uk available' lift kits, and i have ended up with a 3+3 lift which i cant find anyone else on here running yet!

·
Administrator
16,672 Posts
I don't believe the UK laws are that strict, particularly since the majority of the EU outlaws any lifts.
As far as I am aware the UK restrictions are a maximum headlight height and tyres within the arches.
The majority of the big lifts in the US are on show trucks anyway.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Landmannnn. Watch dieselbrothers! Their trucks are dailys!

I dont think i will be too high for the light level, i just wanted wider wheels than the arches, but cant!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was a fan of the pre runner kit, but now i prefer the Hulk (dark green navara) style arches

And id love the gforce kit. But my 6" lift for £200 is alot more attractive than £1600 for 5" to me!

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
Im all for big wheels in fact ive got 22"s on but i think the style and size of the arches on a nav doesn't suit low profile tires. Ive got 285/35/22 which im not a fan of but they came on the wheels so im useing them up but when i get some new tires im going for 305/45/22 which according to the tire calculator will fit and give a 5.5 inch tire wall

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm running 22" I were going to go for some 24's but didn't want to sacrifice the comfort. 22" with 285/45/22 tyres is perfect. Also saved my original wheels and put mud tyres on for winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Can i put 295 35 24 on a d40 stock widout usin a lift kit?

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
55 Posts
Im all for big wheels in fact ive got 22"s on but i think the style and size of the arches on a nav doesn't suit low profile tires. Ive got 285/35/22 which im not a fan of but they came on the wheels so im useing them up but when i get some new tires im going for 305/45/22 which according to the tire calculator will fit and give a 5.5 inch tire wall
Sorry to resurrect an old post here, but I'm looking to fit bigger tyres on my 22" rims and wondered if you had a photo of yours with the 305/45/22 you mentioned above?

I was looking g at 285/50/22 but don't want to make a costly mistake
Thanks

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
The 305's didn't fit on the front! They rubbed on the chassis leg at full lock so the guy did me a swap for 285/45/22 all round which fit perfectly!
on full lock the tire is 5mm from the chassis leg!
However the offset you get could be different from mine so can't guarantee they will fit!

Reactions: Deegan1979

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2005 navara D40 Outlaw
55 Posts