Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I saw this in the weekend's paper is it correct :?:

Maximum speed on a single carriageway for a transit/panel van light commercial etc including pickups and 4 cabs is 50 mph

60 mph on a dual carriageway

70 mph on a motorway

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
mmmmm not sure ? maybe why i have 9 points :lol:

·
Registered
175 Posts
yep, that's true :evil:

Basically, the Navara is an LCV (Light Commercial Vehicle) and whether you bought it as a van or not (i.e through a company vs private), it's still an LCV and therefore those spped limits apply.

You would have to be sodding unlucky to get caught by the most "anal" of Traffic cops to get done on the LCV basis, but getting caught by a speed camera could increase the risk of the fine as you are automatically going to have a higher speed difference against the recorded speed.

i.e. - caught at 70 on a 60 in a car, would equal 50 for an LCV, so the offence is greater. :roll:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Have a look at http://www.roadlincs.com/CONTENT/STAYIN ... ent&ID=533

This is a little confusing admitedly but I look at it like this:

It states:
Passenger vehicle,Motor caravan,Dual purpose vehicle
- none of which exceed 3050 kg unladen or 8 passenger seats, or
A car derived van - (a goods vehicle which is constructed or adapted as a derivative of a passenger vehicle which has a maximum laden weight not exceeding 2000kg )

Have the limit of 70 on a DC like as we would expect.

There is a definiton of a Dual purpose vehicle in the road traffic regs that says has to carry good and 8 passangers (obviously not the D40, lol) which contradicts the web site link.

I would read the table as a D40 is a vehicle under 3050KG unladen and is a dual purpose vehicle and so the 70 limit applies.

I'm sure it could be also argued that a D40 is a derivative of a Pathfinder just like an AstraMax van is a derivative of a passanger astra estate.

I think that there is that much grey area in this matter, plod wont have a clue whether to prosecute or not.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
well, i drove ( crept ) past a patrol officer on a Dual Carriageway doing 75 and i didn't get pulled.

To be honest unless you are swerving about, doing 75 with a tonne of bricks in the back, the police wont really mind :)

Its those Poxy Scammera Vans that wind me up :lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
chunk said:
yep, that's true :evil:

Basically, the Navara is an LCV (Light Commercial Vehicle) and whether you bought it as a van or not (i.e through a company vs private), it's still an LCV and therefore those spped limits apply.

You would have to be sodding unlucky to get caught by the most "anal" of Traffic cops to get done on the LCV basis, but getting caught by a speed camera could increase the risk of the fine as you are automatically going to have a higher speed difference against the recorded speed.

i.e. - caught at 70 on a 60 in a car, would equal 50 for an LCV, so the offence is greater. :roll:
Mine says P.L.G on the tax disc just like my car.

·
Registered
175 Posts
navara17 said:
Mine says P.L.G on the tax disc just like my car.

so are same payload transits, Sprinters, LDV's, L200's etc......PLG - Private Light Goods - still taxed as such, but the payload ability makes it a van so speed limits apply.

Taxation and Speed limits are different kettles of fish. The "class" of the vehicle is LCV.......... if you bought it privately or through a company it's still PLG tax, but LCV speed limits.

anyway........ as I said you'd have to be effin unlucky and most traffic plods have better things to do unless you're driving like a loon rather than keeping up with traffic flow!

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
i was under the impression that if Said Van has a window behind the drivers window it makes it a normal vehicle ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Breaking the law

Is it me or life getting so complicated you can not possible get thro the day without breaking some sort of law, and that's before you get into your truck. starting to think it would be better to stop at home or move to the bleeding Hebrides :roll:

It now looks like they are now wanting to jail us for what used to be minor offences :evil:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Re: Breaking the law

marlin said:
Is it me or life getting so complicated you can not possible get thro the day without breaking some sort of law, and that's before you get into your truck. starting to think it would be better to stop at home or move to the bleeding Hebrides :roll:

It now looks like they are now wanting to jail us for what used to be minor offences :evil:
They are and they will, they have four new prisons being built at the moment.

I am seriously considering organising some kind of official protest at all these new laws and the freedoms that we are losing on a daily basis.

It used to be tha case where you had to do something to breal the law, with a lot of new regs, you break the law if you don`t do things. :roll:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Apparently I broke the law the other day, or so I was told by some jumped up little jobsworth in a purple jacket, for taking a photograph of my 11 year old son singing in the schools carol concert. There I was 200 feet away from the stage at the back of the auditorium and I get a tap on the shoulder warning me that I had commited an offence. I can understand the reasons for banning photography at a swimming gala or a gymnastics competion, but a friggin' Xmas carol concert ?. What is this country coming too ? :evil:

Sorry....I diversify :oops:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Strangely, your digression was mentioned today at work, 2 people that live in different areas both went to their childrens nativity plays.

1 was allowed to video and take pictures,

1 allowed to take pictures only.

ps, the fella that was allowed to video the play was made up his lad had a big part, was playing a sheep!

I dunno, sounds like the PC brigade have scr*w*d all us parents.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: Breaking the law

att said:
marlin said:

I am seriously considering organising some kind of official protest at all these new laws and the freedoms that we are losing on a daily basis.
Found a site that fits, this ones for Ringo but has a good one on tracking us motorists

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Ringostarr/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.