Nissan-Navara.net banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2007 navara outlaw
8 Posts
Checked the motor again, dont think its working cant hear it making a noise.
What should i check next?

I tested the 3 switches and they were working ok.

·
Administrator
13,429 Posts
Have a read through this thread

·
Registered
2007 navara outlaw
8 Posts
I replaced the 3 switches in the gearbox and the 2 blue relays under the bonnet but nothing changed. So i put it to my local garage and he cleared all the faults and the 4wd is working now. Actuator can clearly be heard working. Great!

Another garage plugged in his computer 1st but nothing came up.

Not so great, a hole in the chassis:eek: need to get the welder out.

·
Registered
2007 navara outlaw
8 Posts
Had truck back in garage. They cleared the fault and 4wd started working again for a while. Whenever they tried 4h the fault returned, if they went straight for 4l it worked fine.
Anyone know what that could be?

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Navara D40 2.5TD
12 Posts
I have just ordered all three transfer box switches and the netutral position switch for the gearbox from Milner in the hope this solves my issue. I can use 4 high but not 4 low. I haven't looked into the actuator but as the heat up button doesn't work either, I know I have a neutral fault somewhere.

·
Registered
2007 navara outlaw
8 Posts
I have just ordered all three transfer box switches and the netutral position switch for the gearbox from Milner in the hope this solves my issue. I can use 4 high but not 4 low. I haven't looked into the actuator but as the heat up button doesn't work either, I know I have a neutral fault somewhere.
Whats the neutal position switch?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pretty much what it sounds like. A switch you can get to from under the gear shift gaitor that tells the vehicle the gear box is in neutral. If it fails (like I suspect mine has) the vehicle will not attempt to engage 4 low (as it’s not in neutral) and the warm up button will not operate as again it doesn’t think it’s in neutral. Pretty sure they can be removed and tested but it seems some tests suggest the switches work on the bench but not when fitted so I’m replacing it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is how my day went for anyone who is interested...

All three transfer box switches changed in 5 minutes. I tried 4 low and it still didn’t work. Heat up/high idle button still didn’t work. I tested continuity on the old ones and they all worked as they should. Oh well... they fail often and I’m pretty sure they are original.

Gearbox NPS switch changed in 15 mins. Slightly harder to do but easy to get to once the console and gaiters are removed. 4 low and heat up button still didn’t work... great.

Checked everything and then stuck it on a gear and suddenly the revs increased. My NPS switch is different to the last. Normally open rather normally closed or the other way round... can’t remember. Is this a thing? Why would that change?!

I tried 4 low with it in gear, stationary and handbrake on etc (remember the car now thinks in gear or neutral) and it went straight in. Removed 4 low ok too. Tried 4 more times and all ok. On the 5th the actuator did something wrong and triggered a fault and that was it stuck. I could restart the car but it would error after a few mins. Actuator must have been in a position it wasn’t expecting.

Actuator off and TF box manually put into 2WD. Actuator rotated to position someone else posted on this forum and refitted. Car on, error straight away.

Actuator off to check. More forum searching and another post found that contradicted the last. Tried that and it worked. I’ve been through all settings and back ok.

The pictures on this post were accurate for me:

Cleaned the MAF too and it’s got rid of all the flat spots I had while accelerating. It did have a seed pod stuck in the hole... Good result!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Milner confirmed they had a stock issue with the NPS switch and refunded me. I bought another “genuine” one from eBay and all good now!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: 4WD - Amber Warning Light On, No 4WD... SOLVED!!! :)

SOLVED AT LAST!
Relays next to the air filter box (there are 4 that control the 4WD system).
Problem hasn't resurfaced - I am a very happy little trucker again!
If anyone wants pics or part numbers, I'd be happy to help.
Also, I now have a spare Gearbox Control ECU (for sale on eBay) and the 3 notorious switches.

Hi mate I’m having the same problem as you 😩 could you give mea message please 07932704833

41 - 56 of 56 Posts