Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, new to the forum but i have owned my 2007 D40 Die Hard Edition Automatic for the past 12 months.

Since I've bought it I have had it in and out of my mechanics workshop costing about 2500 putting things right that were broken, bloody thing decided to break down on the way home from the seller but I digress.

I recently got it back from my mechanic after an extensive investigation into numerous CANbus errors and wiring issues from the previous owner. At the end of it all it required new neutral position switches in the gearbox(intermittent cutting off power to drivetrain), new IPDM Module(over-heating relays and damaged control board) and new MAF sensor (out of spec voltage)

Realised i had never tried the 4WD system so I attempted to engage the 4wd high and low today and got no feedback from the truck at all. No lights, no solenoid clicks; nothing.

Have scoured historic and more recent posts on this forum and elsewhere for clues as to what the issue could be for the past few hours, but most are pointing to a constant or flashing 4wd light on the dash and i have none.

My first thought is a power supply problem to the transfer box, gearbox or another piece of the system, but as I haven't had a lot of wrench time with the vehicle i can't really figure out where to start.

Any help would be appreciated and apologies if I've missed a trick or post, i love it but I'm starting to pull my hair out with this f*cking thing! Many thanks in advance!
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum

Open the fusebox next to the battery. I would bet the previous owner removed the 4x4 relay to put the lights out on the dash.
Close enough, it was actually a split line someone had run off of the 4WD fuse holder to run the front LED bar!

All working now though, popped a 10amp fuse in and she's golden, just happy this was a simple fix after everything else. :LOL:

Many thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts