Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I hope you are doing well. I have a Nissan D40 (2010 YD25DDTSI). And my AC is not working
(my first post can be found here: D40-2010 Nissan Navara )

1. It is blowing warm air
2. I have topped up the freon (PSI Low = 40-55 , High=20-50 .. which is weird)
3. The interior blower was only working when its at 4, so I purchased and changed the resistor block (currently I can switch the A/C from 1 to 4 --- Still warm air)
4. I have changed the expansion valve
4.1 During the swap of the expansion valves, there was a hisssss sound, I believe the car got empty of freon.
5. After changing the expansion valve, the manifold gauge for both low and high was 0
(assuming freon is already empty)
6. Topped up Freon some more while the car is off reusing the existing 134A bottle from item no. 2 ..... the manifold
gauge for both low and high was 0.I believe I did not manage to top up the 0.7KG requirement.
6.1 I another kilo if 134A bottle...

I have used UV dye + black light, I did not manage to find any form of leaks in the AC pipes, but found greenish leaks around the old expansion valve (that is why I replaced it).
I have not checked if there is leak in the compressor area or the evaporator since the evaporator is a 'hard to reach area'. (I am thinking of purchasing a A/C leak scanner, but this is going to be costly..)

While waiting for the new 134A can , I am unsure if there is something wrong with my compressor or its the compressor clutch, and I was thinking of trying this out
I can't seem to find the AC clutch relay though..

I have attached the exact model for your reference along with the engine compartment fuse box.
(I checked Fuse Box Diagram Nissan Frontier (D40; 2005-2014) for guide)

Thanks for the time guys,
Looking forward for your tips and advise.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I had to replace my condenser as mine was not working they are quite vulnerable are you sure there is gas as you have a can on the wy why not wait and check there is enough gas first

·
Registered
97 Posts
First try to find somebody who has an AC machine so that he can pull a vacuum on the whole system and wait 30 minutes to see if it holds up. Heard there are infrasonic ac leak test which are better than injecting dye in the system. AC condenser could be cracked by a rock, at the reccomandation of the AC guy I put mesh in the lower part of the bumper so it doesnt get hit by rocks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
if it's a small leak then a vacuum test is not always reliable as sometimes they close the hole if its a seal as i found out on my megane you need to do a nitrogen test to find if it has a leak and yes my condenser on my Nav was gone too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts