Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a heap of parts from eBay to replace my 2017 Navara ST with Factory Navigation headunit with a Kenwood CarPlay capable double din headunit.
Been a bit of a research nightmare as the ST and STX in Australia have a different secondary connector (24 pins in place of the 32 pins) and none of the usual aftermarket stereo guys do a loom for these yet.
Aerpro tells me they have a new loom due out in the coming weeks and will be added to their website when available https://aerpro.com/vehicles/nissan/nissan_navara_2015_np300
I'm not going to wait and I'll try to build my own loom from a non-navigation loom (the Aerpro CHNI9C) and some workshop manual pics I've found on US websites for other Nissans with the 24 pin connector.
Wish me luck, should be fun.. :wink2:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Just ordered a heap of parts from eBay to replace my 2017 Navara ST with Factory Navigation headunit with a Kenwood CarPlay capable double din headunit.
Been a bit of a research nightmare as the ST and STX in Australia have a different secondary connector (24 pins in place of the 32 pins) and none of the usual aftermarket stereo guys do a loom for these yet.
Aerpro tells me they have a new loom due out in the coming weeks and will be added to their website when available https://aerpro.com/vehicles/nissan/nissan_navara_2015_np300
I'm not going to wait and I'll try to build my own loom from a non-navigation loom (the Aerpro CHNI9C) and some workshop manual pics I've found on US websites for other Nissans with the 24 pin connector.

Good luck!

I am up grading speakers adding loads of sound deadening and a sub. I have found some decent room under the rear bench for it...... if I still want improvement i’ll add an amp in. There is an excellent company here in the uk... maybe they can do the 24 pin adapter for you?

https://incartec.co.uk/

If not, it sounds like you are all over it anyways.... good luck with it.... post back when you have an idea of the improvement you get from the head unit.

·
Registered
361 Posts
So have you got a 20 pin and 24 pin connector on the back of your headunit?

And do you have the surround cameras?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good luck!

I am up grading speakers adding loads of sound deadening and a sub. I have found some decent room under the rear bench for it...... if I still want improvement i’ll add an amp in. There is an excellent company here in the uk... maybe they can do the 24 pin adapter for you?

https://incartec.co.uk/

If not, it sounds like you are all over it anyways.... good luck with it.... post back when you have an idea of the improvement you get from the head unit.
I'll be keen to hear how you go too... I just ordered a set of 6" Speakers to go in the front, I'll look at soundproofing once I take a look at the doors.

I'll post back once it's all in, just waiting for it all to come in the mail.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'll be keen to hear how you go too... I just ordered a set of 6" Speakers to go in the front, I'll look at soundproofing once I take a look at the doors.

I'll post back once it's all in, just waiting for it all to come in the mail.

I’m waiting for mine to arrive too, although I’ve ordered 9x6 for the front as I believe that’s what’s in there...are yours not 9x6?..... I’ll make them fit either way. I’ve done lots of different cars and most things are possible if you make your own adapters.
I have the 360 around view cameras, so I’m keen to keep the hardware oem and improve the sound as they are a great feature and there isn’t anything aftermarket that will work with the 4 cameras.

I’ve got the folding mirror mod to go in while I have the door cards off,....just need the speakers to arrive!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m waiting for mine to arrive too, although I’ve ordered 9x6 for the front as I believe that’s what’s in there...are yours not 9x6?..... I’ll make them fit either way. I’ve done lots of different cars and most things are possible if you make your own adapters.
I have the 360 around view cameras, so I’m keen to keep the hardware oem and improve the sound as they are a great feature and there isn’t anything aftermarket that will work with the 4 cameras.

I’ve got the folding mirror mod to go in while I have the door cards off,....just need the speakers to arrive!
Yes, mine are 6x9 too, I was going to mod the 6" to go in the front, but I've now decided I'll put these in the rear and order a set of 6x9 for the front.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yes, mine are 6x9 too, I was going to mod the 6" to go in the front, but I've now decided I'll put these in the rear and order a set of 6x9 for the front.

Same as me.... I have gone for 3 way for the doors even though the originals are mid bass only with out a tweeter I think.... if it doesn’t receive a full signal I will remove any resistors or crossover as I find all the bass down low makes the sound muddy. I’m hoping it will lift the sound up, but the acoustics of every car are so different! It will be a case of ‘suck it and see’. :smile2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Same as me.... I have gone for 3 way for the doors even though the originals are mid bass only with out a tweeter I think.... if it doesn’t receive a full signal I will remove any resistors or crossover as I find all the bass down low makes the sound muddy. I’m hoping it will lift the sound up, but the acoustics of every car are so different! It will be a case of ‘suck it and see’. :smile2:
I've also gone for 3 ways. I'm assuming only the factory tweeter will have the standard capacitor across it and they should receive the full signal.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yes I have the 20 and 24 pin connectors.

No I only have a reverse camera.
Cool.

Have you had any luck finding out the mappings for the 24 pin connector?

I can't find any information relating to the 24pin connector in the Navara.

I would even buy the docs from Nissan if I could find out where to buy them from!

Out of curiosity, whey did you go Kenwood over an Android headunit?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Cool.

Have you had any luck finding out the mappings for the 24 pin connector?

Out of curiosity, whey did you go Kenwood over an Android headunit?
I've found a few docs online that talk about the 24 pin connector in other Nissans, I need to verify it against the wiring when I take out the unit.

I really wanted CarPlay and I was worried about the Growl unit as the previous model had the screen lifting issue and I rather the interface of the Kenwood units. I think I also wanted the challenge of doing the double din.

I may get bored and get a Growl down the track once the 10.1" has been on the market for a while.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've found a few docs online that talk about the 24 pin connector in other Nissans, I need to verify it against the wiring when I take out the unit.

I really wanted CarPlay and I was worried about the Growl unit as the previous model had the screen lifting issue and I rather the interface of the Kenwood units. I think I also wanted the challenge of doing the double din.

I may get bored and get a Growl down the track once the 10.1" has been on the market for a while.
That's fair enough.

Let me know how you get on mapping the pins of the Nissan Harness. I've simply run out of time to do it now. I can't even find how to buy the FSMs directly from Nissan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm pretty close now, got the headunit in and everything (reverse cam, USB, antenna etc) working except the steering wheels controls, its either my connects2 secondary lead is not the right one (I've ordered another one that is recommended on their page), or I haven't got the CAN connect right. There looks to be two CAN pairs (high and low) in the secondary plug, I'm connected to one of them, just not sure it something needs to be done to the second pair.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm pretty close now, got the headunit in and everything (reverse cam, USB, antenna etc) working except the steering wheels controls, its either my connects2 secondary lead is not the right one (I've ordered another one that is recommended on their page), or I haven't got the CAN connect right. There looks to be two CAN pairs (high and low) in the secondary plug, I'm connected to one of them, just not sure it something needs to be done to the second pair.

Very nice. Does it connect to your iPhone wirelessly?

I know this is cheeky, but did you write it which pins are what? If you did, could you post it?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only the Alpine currently connects wirelessly, and unfortunately the Alpine doesn't do media over USB... oh and it's about $1000.

This does fast charge so I don't have an issue plugging it in.

This is the Pinout I'm using:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also, the sound quality from just replacing the headunit (still got the factory speakers in at the moment) would be at least 100% better, better mids and even more bass. Overall a great improvement.
Also being able to stream radio from my phone is also an improvement out bush here.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Top work... looks great.

I would definitely replace mine if I could guarantee not losing all 4 cameras and the 360 view.

Changed out the front speakers and added the folding mirrors on locking mod yesterday.

The stock speakers are very average, so I expect you’ll get a huge improvement again once you replace them.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Also, the sound quality from just replacing the headunit (still got the factory speakers in at the moment) would be at least 100% better, better mids and even more bass. Overall a great improvement.
Also being able to stream radio from my phone is also an improvement out bush here.
One thing I'm enjoying with the Android headunit is the ability to stream iPlayer and Spotify natively.

When you were testing the pins, were the steering wheel controls still split across the two CANBUS circuits? Do you remember which buttons mapped to which circuits? And did the readings match up to the values in the older FSM on navlife.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm waiting for some fine tipped probes to turn up for my multimeter, but they are taking forever! And I can't find the correct ISO connectors and pins to buy to make my own loom unless I want to order bulk from Alibaba, which I don't

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When you were testing the pins, were the steering wheel controls still split across the two CANBUS circuits? Do you remember which buttons mapped to which circuits? And did the readings match up to the values in the older FSM on navlife.
As you can see with the pinout I provided, there are two lots of CAN going to pins 31/32 and 38/39.
I had no idea that different buttons are mapped to different circuits, maybe this is why my controls aren't working.
I'd be keen to know more on this.
Where do I find this info on navlife?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just took a look on Navlife at the FSM that's over there, it's the same as the one I've been using.

Where did you get that the buttons are mapped to different circuits?
Looks to me like the two CAN links are just paralleled off.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts