Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gurus,

iv searched the forums if ne1 else is having this issue but didnt seem to help.

abs light recently turned on and wont go off...iv checked around the guards fo leaks...brake fluid reservoir is full...

any help will be muchly appreciated

thanks guys

d40 2006
manual
160ks

·
Registered
103 Posts
jc130396 said:
Hey gurus,

iv searched the forums if ne1 else is having this issue but didnt seem to help.

abs light recently turned on and wont go off...iv checked around the guards fo leaks...brake fluid reservoir is full...

any help will be muchly appreciated

thanks guys

d40 2006
manual
160ks
I've had this happen on mine the dealer thought is was going to be one of the sensors they replaced them and it did not cure the problem the truck was booked in again and the Auto electrician went to work he found a faulty wire in the loom running under the car along the drivers side to the rear brakes ... repaired wiring and problem solved ...That's how it was explained to me sorry I can't be more help ...all done under warranty they had the truck two days the second visit ...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmm...i got it still under car yard warranty which will be me last resort...was hoping to fix it myself...i installed a ironman bullar and just recently noticed a plug unplugged and tried to find where it should be plugged into but cant find where it was suppose to go...dont think its related as the bar was put on about month ago...and abs having a cry now...

pipster, il check for any possible lose wires thanks mate

thanks guys

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now iv noticed that when starting the d40 and driving the speedo sits on approx 40km/hr then around 3mins later it goes up to the correct speed....everytime i start the engine...but if i drive below 40 then go back up the speedo responds as epr normal...its just that initial start that it sits on 40km/hr wierd??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys,

All FIXED (for now hopefully)

Took it to nissan dealer which they were really helpful surprisingly as iv heard some bad stuff about some dealers..anyway.. they were suppose to charge $110 bux just for the diagnosis test *choke* but the guy said bah dont worry just drive off..lol. Anyway he ran his test and proved to be issue with rear right sensor, he did a few things on his obd2 gadget took it for a drive and seem to be ok >> appears it was an error glitch some sort...

i thought i did the ECU reset properly but looks as though i failed that.

Thanks heaps guys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DAM it!! abs light is back on and when its on ignition the dash makes random beeping noise and the speedo moves and the tripmeter is randomly climbing...cars not even on?

i pulled out the abs sensor and it covered in oil..unsure if this is normal...gave it a clean (no chemicals) and did not help...there is however a gash in the cable prob from rock/stick damage...but y would this cause the speedo/tripmeter and beeping occur??

i tried this ecu reset:

ign on
pump gas 5 times
wait 7 sec's
hold down gas 10 sec's

engine light flashes slow 10x then 10 quick flashes 3x..... and same cycle over and over again... (1 set of 10 slow flashes then 3 sets of 10 quick flashes)

any ideas or a rooted ECU?

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
If theres a split in the cable mate it could be causing all sorts of electrical problems,i think you need to get the cable replaced and go from there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lil'Trucker! said:
As i mentioned earlier, try a software reset, disconnect the battery for abouty 15 mins, you've got nothing to lose, although it sounds like a bad earth or something to me?

hey mate yea did that soft reset few days ago...didnt seem to help at this stage thanks for ur input

·
Registered
28 Posts
mines intermittent, ie lights off for a while, the comes on for a bit, and goes off whenever it wants.

I was going to test the sensors, but don't know how, I have read, measure the ohms across them, but I'd need to know the reading im after :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry for delay...been on holidays...

i had me d40 booked in as they found a fault with the rear right wheel sensor playing up...so it was booked to have the entire cable from abs unit to the sensor in the hub replaced HOWEVER the dealer advised that if the ABS light isnt on then they cant change and reprogram the computer of the changes...they can only change abs parts IF the ABS light is ON...wtf sounds BS to me but anyways...my abs light has been off for about a week and still waiting for the light to come on and when it does i have to drive it immediately to nissan and they will complete the job...

nissan service area have a diagnostic tool to check errors of the vehicle...usually just to check the vehicle cost around $110 but they let me off which was good of them.

if ur loooking at cost to replace abs sensors...its around $180 per sensor + labour. but mines covevered under warranty anyways...

let us know how u go

·
Registered
28 Posts
weirdly enough mate, mine has now gone off too !

we have snow here today, so I hammered on the brakes in the car park to see If the ABS worked and it did,so im "praying" it was just a dirty sensor, fixed by me powerwashing all the grit and dirt off the chassis ??

heres hoping anyway !!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check front wheel bearings!
They are hub units with built in abs sensor, if there is wearing the abs sensor gives signal about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mines intermittent, ie lights off for a while, the comes on for a bit, and goes off whenever it wants.

I was going to test the sensors, but don't know how, I have read, measure the ohms across them, but I'd need to know the reading im after :)
Anywhere between 500 and 1500ohms is good reading

1 - 20 of 21 Posts