Nissan-Navara.net banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Andy, this was the outcome with mine too.... it’s been with the dealership for 4 weeks (part on back order story) but I am now being told that they have absolutely no idea when the part will be available (mutterings about maybe March!) so don’t hold your breath! My local dealership said this is a well known fault with the truck but they can’t understand why it’s not been resolved. It is causing me a world of pain and put me off ever buying another Nissan! Do keep us updated with yours.
I have just phoned the dealer, and i am amazed, he said "i was just about to phone you it's all done" valeted ready for pick up. he told me the battery has been replaced because the other one was no good? that is a bit worrying. anyway i will pick it up and see how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have just phoned the dealer, and i am amazed, he said "i was just about to phone you it's all done" valeted ready for pick up. he told me the battery has been replaced because the other one was no good? that is a bit worrying. anyway i will pick it up and see how it goes.
Wow! That’s great news. I hope everything goes smoothly from here on in. I hope they’re finally clearing the back orders and some new tanks make their way to Kent!!! 🤞🤞

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes Ive got mine back after 7 days, reprogrammed and a faulty Nox sensor put right.... could this be the answer

·
Registered
49 Posts
The dealer, I feel, is covering their backside......

Adblue is a Urea & deionised water, which is sprayed into the exhaust to reduce the Nitrous oxide emissions. It is required only to comply with the EU6 emissions standards.....

It is impossible that it would cause any long term damage to anything....

with the fault on screen it says you have 500 - 750 miles range left. no problem, if it was short range remaining I would get it sorted, but as the fault clears with a restart of the engine I just get it looked at when it goes in for a service later in the year (y)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Owen,
the add blue, was introduced to stop the breakdowns with clogged catalytic converters, the Sut works its way Backwords in to the cylinders and kills injectors over prolonged time.
Hi Andy, I don't think that is right mate?

It isn't anything to do with reducing soot, just simply converts nitrous oxide into steam & harmless nitrogen within the exhaust gasses

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good evening all.

Adblue warning/me too. 2020 plate with 2.5k. Filled up to top and same warning next day.

So reading the posts above (grateful for all) I'm not sure whether to ignore and wait until 1st service, or call dealer (Exeter Nissan) with risk of lengthy impoundment looming.

Any further developments?

cheers. John.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good evening all.

Adblue warning/me too. 2020 plate with 2.5k. Filled up to top and same warning next day.

So reading the posts above (grateful for all) I'm not sure whether to ignore and wait until 1st service, or call dealer (Exeter Nissan) with risk of lengthy impoundment looming.

Any further developments?

cheers. John.
hi, after my recent Nissan Dealer repair in the ad blue fault, the Nissan Tech told me that when the fault comes on the screen ( Ad Blue Fault ) 530-500 mls, the countdown has started in the vehicle computer, and the engine will stop and not restart unless programmed, Ive seen threads where the individuals say leave it.... not sure about that. There is a fault in the system Nissan know this but there is no quick fix, Denso the tank manufacturers are on it but no answer. While I waited for my 19 reg Tek auto to come back I do know they completely reprogrammed the vehicle so much so they had to teach the computer to run the vehicle again with a 1 hour test drive.. hope you sort it, but you must be firm ..
Mel

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi, after my recent Nissan Dealer repair in the ad blue fault, the Nissan Tech told me that when the fault comes on the screen ( Ad Blue Fault ) 530-500 mls, the countdown has started in the vehicle computer, and the engine will stop and not restart unless programmed, Ive seen threads where the individuals say leave it.... not sure about that. There is a fault in the system Nissan know this but there is no quick fix, Denso the tank manufacturers are on it but no answer. While I waited for my 19 reg Tek auto to come back I do know they completely reprogrammed the vehicle so much so they had to teach the computer to run the vehicle again with a 1 hour test drive.. hope you sort it, but you must be firm ..
Mel
Im going to go further... to all owners 19 and 20 reg Navaras, should this fault display on screen it is logged, come a breakdown later caused by the fault which wasnt reported, be careful because Nissan could void warranty, REPORT all faults

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mel
Hi Mel, I can guarantee you that the countdown hasn't started and won't cause the engine to stop. My Ad blue fault first came on in July 2020 at 1200 miles, its now on 9500 miles with no issue. there is an adblue level check in the menu on the computer and even when the fault it showing, the level check shows range OK.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's the advice I shall take. Thanks v much Mel. Shall report back my experience for benefit of others.
Problem appears solved.
Great service from SW Nissan (Barnstaple). Called Tuesday, in Wednesday and fixed same day.
Fault code identified and fixed by a software update. Rechecked and fault not there. Drive home , no adblue fault display.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Andy, this was the outcome with mine too.... it’s been with the dealership for 4 weeks (part on back order story) but I am now being told that they have absolutely no idea when the part will be available (mutterings about maybe March!) so don’t hold your breath! My local dealership said this is a well known fault with the truck but they can’t understand why it’s not been resolved. It is causing me a world of pain and put me off ever buying another Nissan! Do keep us updated with yours.
Hmmm... So I have a 21 plate tekna, I’ve only driven it for 9 days, and now straight into the garage 😳 it came up with the same 500-530 miles ad blue fault which knocked off the cruise and speed limiter, then 10 mins later engine management light, ad blue light and warning ⚠ symbol on dash. 🤬 been into Nissan for 2 days diagnostic now, they’ve told me it needs an adblue control module ... god knows when I’ll get my truck back... the guy at the garage daren’t give me an estimate on when they’ll get the part either 😤🤬

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hmmm... So I have a 21 plate tekna, I’ve only driven it for 9 days, and now straight into the garage 😳 it came up with the same 500-530 miles ad blue fault which knocked off the cruise and speed limiter, then 10 mins later engine management light, ad blue light and warning ⚠ symbol on dash. 🤬 been into Nissan for 2 days diagnostic now, they’ve told me it needs an adblue control module ... god knows when I’ll get my truck back... the guy at the garage daren’t give me an estimate on when they’ll get the part either 😤🤬
Good luck with that, my 19 plate N-Guard at first service was found to be needing a new nearside rear driveshaft and a full set of rear brakes inc drums (oil leak I guess), that was two months back still no parts and I've since traded it in for New Navara Monday on the 12th :). Within the first 28 days and no fix date, I'd be warning them rejecting is your next step.

·
Registered
3 Posts
[Hi all, having Nissan D40 for 7 years with only Tyres and Brake Pads and general servicing with 1 heater plug fault an inspection on the chassis, I decided to buy the next gen Np300 on a 19 plate new... ive written on here the variis problems with it Ad Blue , battery faults, replacement this and that, a rattling engine and a auto bix what cant make its mind up... ive got shut, Nissan Customer Service is US, Nissan dealers the same, theres better trucks out there..="landmannnn, post: 897081, member: 9335"]
Nice
[/QUOTE]

21 - 40 of 53 Posts