Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have been driving around with the adblue low warning for a couple of weeks now...

Does anyone know what the countdown starts at when it does start please?

Starting to get twitchy about it now hoping it does give a countdown before refusing to start!!

I want to get it as low as poss as the 10litres wont go in and I have mild OCD about these things! ;)

Thanks for any knowledge..

:)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has no one had the ad blue countdown?

If so how many miles did it say you had remaining when the countdown commenced?

·
Registered
167 Posts
probably because everyone is thinking..........just fill it up!!!!
why on earth are you driving around for weeks without filling it up?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
probably because everyone is thinking..........just fill it up!!!!
why on earth are you driving around for weeks without filling it up?
OCD.

Its like Father Christmas ... I have heard about the countdown but it seems that no one has seen it.... so I may have to follow your advice.
Every time I have filled it from the first warning it only takes 8 litres until it spills out over the paintwork.... so I’ll keep punching on until I see the countdown or it won’t start.

EIther way it will take the 10 litres next time.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've just ordered a Euro 6 N-Guard to replace my current NP300 Euro 5 model and was told if it runs out of adblue it has to be recovered as the motor will not run. The issue isn't mechanical its legislation and if it continued to run it wouldn't meet the emmission standards needed (and I suppose if it did continue to run no one would add it anyway). Maybe they were over egging it, to me recovery seems a tad strong, I thought of it ran out and the motor stopped adding more adblue would sort it unless what Bristol Street said is correct and it needs some sort of dealer reset to protect and ensure the emissions standards.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've just ordered a Euro 6 N-Guard to replace my current NP300 Euro 5 model and was told if it runs out of adblue it has to be recovered as the motor will not run. The issue isn't mechanical its legislation and if it continued to run it wouldn't meet the emmission standards needed (and I suppose if it did continue to run no one would add it anyway). Maybe they were over egging it, to me recovery seems a tad strong, I thought of it ran out and the motor stopped adding more adblue would sort it unless what Bristol Street said is correct and it needs some sort of dealer reset to protect and ensure the emissions standards.
not so sure about that, if it stopped on a motorway and you got killed think of the claims againts the manufacturer !!! someone must know ? Im gonna google it

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It doesn’t just stop!

You get a countdown... mine is still not showing a countdown but I haven’t moved it in over a week now as I’m not working currently.

Once the countdown is at zero and you turn off the ignition it will not restart.
It will continue to run at zero until you end that journey by switching off the ignition, or you stall or run out of fuel.

It will not just turn off.

As for the restart, the previous Citroen we owned just needed the adblue refilling and it would then restart. I’m hoping they are all the same.

I won’t let mine get to zero anyway.... I just want to know the amount of miles displayed when the countdown commences

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
I would suggest you ignore any comment from the people in the Nissan showroom....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes I suppose coming to a halt on a motorway wouldn't be a great idea, I was told that by Bristol Street in Sheffield in January although I ended up ordering from Evans Halshaw in Doncaster this month. Adblue will be a new one on me, I never gave it a second thought when ordering TBH.

Is it possible that if you do totally drain the ad blue tank, ignoring all the warnings, it will stop the motor firing on the next start? Surely there has to be some method of enforcement otherwise no one would add it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've had the countdown several times, it comes on I guess about 5-600 miles after the warning, and counts down from (I think) 690 miles.
Best to fill up before this, I had a scare when I was almost down to double digits, put in ten litres, and the countdown didn't stop. Had to buy another 10 litres and fill it to the brim before it reset.

·
Super Moderator
500 Posts
What nissan say is true, however I believe the low level warning comes on when the tank is half full, the idea being so you can push and push it and it still wont run out. Eventually you do get a count down of a number of miles. Once it is empty the vehicle will not restart, but the key here its not going to just stop dead in the middle of the road. So after you have finished the last journey it will then effectively need to be recovered. However you could just keep a full bottle in the tub and if it gets to that and it won't restart you can just fill it up and away you go. Although be careful not to overfill!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've had the countdown several times, it comes on I guess about 5-600 miles after the warning, and counts down from (I think) 690 miles.
Best to fill up before this, I had a scare when I was almost down to double digits, put in ten litres, and the countdown didn't stop. Had to buy another 10 litres and fill it to the brim before it reset.

Perfect thanks.

I knew someone would know.

I already have 20 odd litres in the back ready to go.... just wanted to see the countdown and what it started at.

·
Administrator
2,292 Posts
I’m new to AdBlue, my Navara doesn’t have it. But my new Tiguan does. VW assure me I shouldn’t have to touch it, they top it up at service time.

After reading this I might slip a bottle in the spare wheel bay...

·
Registered
119 Posts
We have a new Q5 at work and that needs topping up, from memory the guy who uses it said the car reports the engine will stop (or not start) in xx miles. Maybe things are different in your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Every euro 6 vehicle that requires adblue is the same... (the L200...ugly as it is... achieves the euro 6 demand without the need for adblue) but the ones that do use adblue (and that is almost all built 2016 onward) will give you a long warning before disabling your start. You don’t need to panic buy adblue.... I have had the warning on for around 500 miles now and still no countdown.

I just wanted to know WHEN the countdown commenced on the Navara. I will report here once I get the countdown commence with the mileage that is displayed.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just to finish this off....

Finally I can report my adblu countdown commenced at 620 miles.

I then added 10 litres which was the first time I had managed to actually get 10 litres in! The light went out and all is well.

I will wait for the countdown each time now as it is a real pain to have large 10 litre bottles of adblue kicking around with 1 or 2 litres in them. When the refill warning first comes on I can only achieve around a 7-8 litre refill.

The downside of having the countdown showing is that it takes over your entire dashboard and cannot be cancelled or cleared as with the “refill adblue” initial warning.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts