Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this before, it's on AutoVillage:

VIEWING BY APPOINTMENT, +99 POUNDS ADMIN FEE INC. HPI CHECK & 3 MONTHS WARRANTY. TAKE ME HOME TODAY!, £12,989

Cheers Jakki

·
Registered
112 Posts
Has anyone seen this before, it's on AutoVillage:

VIEWING BY APPOINTMENT, +99 POUNDS ADMIN FEE INC. HPI CHECK & 3 MONTHS WARRANTY. TAKE ME HOME TODAY!, £12,989

Cheers Jakki
Yes, I've bought lots of cars from CarGiant, they charge a £199 admin fee, I think it covers the sales guy's time whilst he sits there trying to sell you gap insurance, paint protection and a useless warranty :wink2:

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Walk away.

Would you expect to be charged to view a house you might buy? Or be charged to see tomatoes you might buy in Tesco?

Reactions: duffs54

·
Registered
112 Posts
So why not on screen price? I would walk away out of principal!
I'd guess it's an accounting thing, probably the cars are owned by a different company to the one the salesman works for, the admin fee covers his cost of doing business, or something like that.
Since CarGiant's prices are usually at least 20% below main dealer price I've never quibbled about it.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
The original post did leave the meaning or intention a bit ambiguous!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
It is America creeping into the UK again, where everyone involved has to stump up cash.

In the place where I lived, when selling a house, both the seller and the buyer paid to the "Realtor", but only on a sale. And the fees were 6% at the time; probably unheard of in the UK, unless in "I Saw You Coming" London perhaps...

·
Super Moderator
4,570 Posts
Sounds dodgy! how does it stand if you pay the admin fee and get declined for the finance?
Sounds like a easy way to screw money to me!

I bet they mostly stock cars that younger drivers would want! At that age where they want a nice car but would likley fail a finance check, but made to pay the admin fee upfront?

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Sounds dodgy! how does it stand if you pay the admin fee and get declined for the finance?
Sounds like a easy way to screw money to me!

I bet they mostly stock cars that younger drivers would want! At that age where they want a nice car but would likley fail a finance check, but made to pay the admin fee upfront?
The admin fee is bundled into the sale price. Don't buy the vehicle, for whatever reason, don't pay the admin fee.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and mistakes.

·
Super Moderator
4,570 Posts
The admin fee is bundled into the sale price. Don't buy the vehicle, for whatever reason, don't pay the admin fee.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and mistakes.
Ah i suppose its not so bad if its no buy no pay providing the windscreen price is at least £199 below what the cars value is

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
I am pretty sure the admin fee is the commission for the salesman. Separating the commission will help reduce the tax bill slightly for the selling company.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts