Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, My name is Danny, im from Leicestershire in the midlands and i'm considering buying a Navara, Warrior or similar and could do with some advice.

I currently own a Twin turbo toyota supra and have had sporty cars for the last 5 years or so but quite fancy a change.

Money wise, i will have around 8 or maybe £9k to play with, what could i get for my money? I nothing about the spec's of the D22 so is there a website anywhere i can find these?

What are the pros and cons of the D22 when compared with the L200 or ford ranger etc.?

Whats the performance like?

Fuel consumption? (not a massive issue)

Reliability?

What are they like off-road? as i quite fancy getting into green laning etc.

Sorry for all the questions but im a complete No0b when it comes to trucks like these, i considered a Land rover defender but the money really doesnt go far with those.

Thanks in advance.

G

·
1) dont buy a warrior! look at the power of a L200 vs a nav'...

2) welcome

3) be prepared to sped loads on toys like meaty winches and suspension lifts and chunky tyres.

4) no idea on what you get for that money wrt D22's - someone will be along in a mo'

5) spec is (assuming same on D40s) basic, outlaw, aventura (being top)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Hi there,

As Guy said do not buy an L200, they are uter ****, underpowered, unreliable ****! much better than the ranger too, the D22 is world renowned as being a reliable hardworking machine!

For green laneing I dont think you would have to do more than put on some decent AT tyers, but lift kit and winches mean you can have real fun!

As for what you get for your money, do some shoping around there are lots of nice ones in your price range! as for spec I dont think they did aventura in the D22, Outlaw is top, with some nice sport models also the rally raid is very nice!

Oh and fuel consumption, I get just over 30 miles to the gallon and I drive like I dont give a FcUK!

Test drive them and you will see the Nav wins! :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Danny,

I run a D40 aventura auto. I drove them all before buying the Nissan. No contest :wink:

41/2 years ago I did the same thing, was on a tighter budget and went for the ranger xlt on a 52 last of the old shape, I test drove them all except one, the D22, Nissan Aldershot couldn't for love or money get one to test drive :!: the newer shape was just out and they were selling like hot cakes. In hindsight I wish i tried the Nav :oops: but what can I tell ya, Ford practically gave me the Ranger..............still cant fault it, 4 years, 50k miles and other than service I only had to replace the battery.

My Bro'in'law runs a 52 hilux, 130k never missed a beat either, he bought it new.

I used to run a Cossie, it is defo a different way to travel, they all cruise on the Mway all day at 85, all return 25-30 mpg, tow anything, cope with speedhumps and potholes, snow and floods.

I wont go back :D

With the money you have to spend, you will get a nice truck, at an age where every place will do off road accessories. The world is your lobster :shock:

I'm guessing a couple of the D22 boys will now fill in the missing gaps as far as the Nav is concerned.

Hope this helps.

Edit; NNM has filled the gaps prior to me submitting this.
note to self- type quicker :roll:

·
Registered
515 Posts
where abouts you in leics im sunny coalville you can have a look and a spin in mine if you want.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice guys, didn't expect such fast replies.

The hilux's seem to be a lot more expensive for some reason so they arent really an option.

NEIL, i live in Barlestone near Market Bosworth but i work in Bardon so just round the corner from you :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys, is there a website where i can find out all the technical specs of the Navara and stuff?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
guydewdney said:
TBH - the toyota isnt a bad machine - wasnt that the thing JC tried to destroy on top gear and couldnt?
You are right, they were always the trusty work vehicle, I wonted a jacked up one with big wheels before I could drive! but there not as fun and not as good offroad or on actually! Nav still wins!

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Danny
Welcome Bud
I too fancied a total change and sold my 1200cc bike to buy a Navara
I got an 03 Navara Outlaw, this has the following extras
  • 17inch Alloys
    6CD Autochanger
    Roof Bars
    Nicer side steps (IMHO)
It has only done 33k miles and I paid £9K from a Nissan Dealer so I got 12 months warranty as well
Green Laning, what a complete hoot that is (check out my other posts for some piccies) definately get together if you get yours as I am only in Tamworth and we venture into Leicestershire quite a lot
Good Luck
Sniffer - aka Paul

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Neil.

Sounds good Sniffer and i checked out your other threads, looks like fun!

Well if i do take the plunge and sell the supra then i'll definately be getting a Navara, hopefully an outlaw but the rally raid's look great too.

Here's a pic of my current chariot:

Believe it or not, ive had the car less than 2 weeks but ordered it back in october last year in Japan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol it's currently got a sony cassette player that isnt wired in and no it hasn't got neons :p

The wheels arent just blingy they are proper lightweight jobbies in the correct widths and offsets.

The main problem with it is the complete lack of practicality, i can't drive it anywhere because of speedbumps, can't park it anywhere because of chavs and can't drive it how it's meant to be driven due to fear of losing my license.

So would you sell up and buy a navara?

:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
You've just identified some of the main reasons I DID swap my 350z for a Navara!

The parking at risk of vandalism, checking the state of roads before making journeys (had to hire a corsa to go to cornwall once, as the road to the cottage would have grounded out the zed) and then the constant risk of either losing my license or just plain crashing if you drive it how it tempts you...

I'm completely with you on all that Danny!

·
Registered
36 Posts
We've all done it :!:
probably askin wrong crowd :D

I guess if you ask the Supra boys, they will say similar :?

I know 1 thing tho' that silver fire breather aint doin no greenlanin :shock:

I know..... sell the wife/ girlfriend/ kids/ dog/ house/ your own body and have both 8)

Am I helping :?: :roll:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well ive decided i'm definately going for it, I know it's the right thing to do and the extra cash from selling the supra will allow me to pay off most of the dreaded credit cards.

What's really weird is that i just spoke to my brother who i havent seen for a week and he informs me he's picking up a 54plate Mitsi warrior tomorrow! so i'll have someone to go green-laning with. (i'll be able to tow him out when he gets stuck).

Just need to get a new clutch in the supra and get it up for sale now.

G

·
challenge him to a towing tug of war as well - load the back of yours with as much ballast as you can - and you WILL beat him - 130bhp vs 100....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He showed me the pictures on his phone and it does look very nice, he's been sending me links to ebay auctions for warriors all night in a bid to make me want one, but i will not be swayed! it's a navara for me every time.

I know everyone on here is biased but why is the navara so much better then the warrior?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts