Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

My aircon. has never worked properly ever since I owned this truck three years ago.

I have replaced following parts so far for different issues.
1. Air mix door actuator above the passenger footwell.
2. Sun load sensor.
3. Ensured cabin temperature sensor is working properly.
4. Fixed a refrigerants leak. - 2 yrs ago
5. Topped up refrigerants last week.
6. Fixed a blown fuse which is linked to the electric fan. 40A
7. Cabin filters have been changed regularly.
8. Climate control switch (previous one was scratched badly so I changed to a pre-owned one off eBay)

Outstanding issues:
1. Blows hot air intermittently where cold air is expected. specially every morning when I take the vehicle for a run. I normally set temperature to 22c prior to starting the journey. However, It’s starting get cold air midway through the journey (after about 2 -3 mins). Otherwise I get warm air (warmer than room temperature). I noticed the cutoff point occurs when engine coolant reaches its optimum temperature by observing the dash temp gauge position. Auto/Manual settings doesn’t make any difference here.

Update: I have a new observation to the issue above. It seems I can override the above behavior by I setting the temperature dial to the “low”.

2. Aircon doesn’t cycle (on/off) which leads to frozen refrigerants lines. hence the efficiency of the A/c gets gradually decreased during the journey. I have to turn the a/c off for a few minutes then start it again every time when this happens. However, when set the blower fan to highest position, pips don’t seem to get frozen.

How should I start troubleshooting these issues? Where to start?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Navara D40 2007 Aventura Euro 4

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know it is an old thread but I hope it will help someone. I managed to fix the issue which A/C being always on. The problem was Interior temperature sensor (didn't even know it existed before) behind the glow box, attached to the matrix. Part number is xw4h-19c734-bc. so, there are two temperature sensors. I think the cabin temperature sensor (next to the glow box towards center console). controls the blower fan speed.

However, the first issue still pending. i.e. I only get the cold air after 2-3 minutes into the journey. I ensured that the compressor is on at this stage but it doesn't blow cold air for some reason until dash coolant temperature gauge reaches a little over 1/3.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts