Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I've a 2014 navara tekna. Air con is blowing warm. Was regassed today and kept cabin cold for about 30 minutes and now blowing hot air. Was always intermittent in working and I thought gas was low, had it checked today and level was grand. My auto lights remain on and code for faulty sunload sensor which I've sorted a replacement for, however unsure this would impact the Air con. Any ideas on what to check for problems?

Dom

·
Administrator
15,146 Posts
Is the compressor kicking in?

Worth trying the built in diagnostics, if you can get it to work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the compressor kicking in?

Worth trying the built in diagnostics, if you can get it to work.
I've tried the self diagnostic but cant get it to work. I've attached an image of the control pannel can you confirm which method I should be using? Compressor. Is kicking in and responds to switch on control pannel as you can hear revs changing up and down.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A bit more investigation I've disconnected the sensor to the right of the glove box and now have cold air. Tomorrow I'll take the sensor out and see about cleaning it and connecting again to establish if faulty or not

·
Administrator
15,146 Posts
It is tricky to get that diagnostic think to work. It does sound like you are on the right track with the sensor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is tricky to get that diagnostic think to work. It does sound like you are on the right track with the sensor.
Hopefully, what are the long term consequences of running without this sensor connected and in the event I need a new one what is it actually called? I've googled and fourmed but I can't get a name or option to buy one of them 🙃🙃

·
Administrator
15,146 Posts
Navara interior temperature sensor. I guess they changed them in 2010, so you would want a later one.
Can't see any issues running it disconnected.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So removal of sensor was a short term fix.... Back to same hot air again. New sensor on order so hopefully this sorts it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've finally found that the clutch isn't engaging all the time. The clutch will engage when persuaded with a tab of a hammer and will work 100% until stopped when it's hit or. Miss whether it will start again.

Question now is can the clutch be replaced as a serviceable part or is it a new / used pump that I need?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts