Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, wondered if anyone can tell me whether my airbag light suddenly starting to flash could have anything to do with the nissan chassis check and preventative treatment. Never had any problems with it but on collecting the truck from the car hire depot where it was delivered to literally drove out of the gate and the light started flashing, I dont know if anything they may have had to touch or disconnect to treat the chassis could be the problem.
Cheers Bert

·
Administrator
13,103 Posts
IF they disconnected the battery, I am sure they would, it might have reset. Try resetting the airbag, I can't remember how, but it wasn't difficult.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi Bertie,
anyone doing work on your truck should carry out pre and post checks, which should include dashboard warning lights. ask them to look into this and explain the problem.
If they cant provide evidence of these checks taking place, then take is back anyway - as if they are not responsible enough to do these checks, then they have no way to prove that this issue wasnt there prior to taking the truck in and should assume its something they have done.
very difficult / expensive to reset anything to do with SRS without dealer level diagnostics.

·
Administrator
13,103 Posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts