Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first, sorry my english is not perfect so I will try to do the best to explain as clearly as possible.

After 9 months without using the car (nissan navara D40), I have now multiple issues :

- Battery was empty, it's been fixed by charging. First time after 9 month, second time after 2 weeks without driving.
But now :
  • Aircon stopped working. All fans and activation button are working but no cold air. One garage here checked it by connecting it "in direct", it seems to work like this, but not when in a normal set up.
  • Headlight (or front lights?) are always ON when I turn the key and when car is started (even when ignition is off). I can not turn it off and change position to low/normal/strong.
  • Front wipers had stopped working a few days ago. The cleaning pump is working but wipers won't move, whatever the position... so I have to park under pouring rain.
  • The window heater (for window mist) stopped working also, and no light on the button also...

Dashboard is working normally, all lights works, nothing special on it.

I suspect some electrical glitch or maybe a sensor... but I don't know what to check.
All fuse were checked, everything ok.

Note : the car sleeps outside on a tropical island, strong sun and heavy rain, dirt, sand and close to the sea.

Any idea?
Thank you.

·
Administrator
14,910 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

First thing is to make sure the battery terminals are solid and clean. Then check the earth/ground cable and make sure the connection to the chassis is solid too.

If your's is right hand drive, take off the little panel next to the accelerator pedal and examine the multi-way connectors for corrosion.

·
Administrator
4,863 Posts
Definitely these multiple problems are related!
Could be as simple as the low power / flat battery has upset the computer!
When the battery is charged try disconnecting it and turning the ignition on and off a few times to be sure the power has fully drained.
Then reconnect the battery!
This will force the computer to reboot in factory settings and may resolve the issues!
It's a free procedure so at least worth trying.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Definitely these multiple problems are related!
Could be as simple as the low power / flat battery has upset the computer!
When the battery is charged try disconnecting it and turning the ignition on and off a few times to be sure the power has fully drained.
Then reconnect the battery!
This will force the computer to reboot in factory settings and may resolve the issues!
It's a free procedure so at least worth trying.
What you said makes sense! I will try tomorrow and let you know.
I will also check about cables and ground. Thank you guys for your answers!

·
Administrator
4,863 Posts
Shouldn't do no!
It resets it back to its base settings! If you have a remap, it's base settings are the remap settings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried, nothing changed. I checked wires also, all good, well kind of... the small trap beside acceleration pedal, I've found something there, like a small box connected to "I dunno what" with a led on it. No idea what it's suppose to be. I'll post some pictures.
Still for now, nothing solved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts