Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

on my 2011 Pathy I have Keyless Go and original car alarm built-in. But when alarm goes on, it sounds like a joke, very quiet, my phone alarm is louder! Is there any option to increase volume, or must it been malfunction or something to replace?

·
Administrator
17,173 Posts
By alarm going, do you mean for examle if you lock the vehicle with a window open and then a minute later try to open a door by reaching in and opening the door from the inside? In which case I would expect the car horn to activate as part of the security system.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, not "beep beep" sound, which indicates locking vehicle, but actual alarm siren, when, for example, somebody would try to break into your vehicle. This alarm is very, very silent and as it sounds like children toy, burglar would probably Roll On the Floor Laughing...but I dounbt designers had this in mind as a prevention method :)

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
May NOT be the reason, but.
On other vehicles the alarm sounder is separate (to prevent thieves tampering with vehicles horn and main battery), it is powered by a stand alone rechargeable battery within the sounder/control unit.
If this battery is U/S, looking at the age of your's 2011 (is this correct?), then if it has this remote system, the battery within it may well be shot?
Sometimes it is possible to get 'inside' the alarm unit, and just change the dead battery for a new one.

Reactions: Labsy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

on my 2011 Pathy I have Keyless Go and original car alarm built-in. But when alarm goes on, it sounds like a joke, very quiet, my phone alarm is louder! Is there any option to increase volume, or must it been malfunction or something to replace?
😅i i had the same problem also, but i replaced the alarm speaker with a hooter speaker, now it sounds very loud. I have a 2011 pathy also v9x, the alarm speaker is just below the glow plug relay under the hood.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
No, not "beep beep" sound, which indicates locking vehicle, but actual alarm siren, when, for example, somebody would try to break into your vehicle. This alarm is very, very silent and as it sounds like children toy, burglar would probably Roll On the Floor Laughing...but I dounbt designers had this in mind as a prevention method :)
I’m having the same issue I live in NY so I’m confused if it’s my car or the cold the true culprit.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We seem either have different setups, or talking about different thing. I was originally referring to anti-theft alarm system, which is located inside double walls of rear left fender. It is accessible from trunk, but you need to remove bottom and left part of trunk plastic trim. I guess it has syren also somewhere there, but I am not sure. Will try to locate syren and battery, if it has one.
White Automotive exterior Font Art Auto part

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Navara RX 6spd manual
2 Posts
Hi,

Just leave it. "It sounds like a joke" that's hilarious

1 - 9 of 9 Posts