Nissan-Navara.net banner

Aldermaston again - 08/10/17

8K views 81 replies 9 participants last post by  Uselescrapytwit 
#1 ·
Now look here you lot
We had a rally good time. Next month why don't you have a go.
If you don't want to get dirty fanar fanar I don't mind passengers.
The butties were good
Why don't we put faces to names. It was a fun day out kid friendly and relaxed. If you want to stay on the easy routs you can but I know you will try the harder route.
Come on book it in wives kids and what ever. Let's have some fun.
It's only a bit of fun and I can say smiles all round. Come on give it a go. :grin2:

#2 ·
I agree, it was a hoot. Both trucks attracted a fair bit of attention, guess people don't see them too often off the black top. If you go go out with another, then you have a recovery buddy. If you go by yourself, then you call the office and they send a land rover series 2b to drag you out, and back to the carpark if you like. The water wasnt too deep, and there are back out tracks if you don't fancy doing an obstacle. I can highly recommend it for a day out. There where plenty of stock trucks there, a Jeep Cherokee and a rather smart new, all black Shogun spring to mind. It's not the biggest site in the world, but easily enough to do for a few hours fun in the mud. Run by great people too, who actually enjoy driving about too, so they are not just in it for the cash. They are also on hand to help too.

#5 ·
Super that man I think we should all put in a quid or so and do a bacon butty or Berger for awards on the day.

For example furthest traveled for the day
Or
Dirtiest truck
Or
most/least rescued truck,
Or
first to do serious damage
Or
Muddiest face
Or
Most stupid position to be stuck in.

Laugh out loud it is a good day I can assure you it's just along way for most people but I wonder if there is a cheep b and b neer I did notice a travel lodge/ premier in type hotel very close by if it helps.
The Berkshire arms hotel premier inn looks like it's £45 per room on the saturday for a drink and Sunday off roading. I would be better off roading with a sat night but beggars can't be choosers. Unless we get enough to book the site on the sat. 4x4 withoutaclub.co.uk if you want to look it up.

#12 ·
Yeah, actually nearer Thatcham.
The site is open from 09:00 and shuts at 4PM, so there is no major rush.
Sign in takes about 15 mins, and a check of battery and loose items in your truck takes about 10 mins, there is big car park, and plenty of room to spead out/fix things.

#15 ·
If necessary there is a hotel very close for the sat night £45 per room
It could turn into a bit of a drinkies evening befor hand for any long distance folk. I could be up for that as it's about 2 hours for me.

#18 ·
What's it like tackling their land with a bone stock NP300?

What's the chance of breaking something? Something expensive?

Anyone know any cleaners that'll happily clean out the inside of the engine bay and underside of the car in the south-east? That's judging from a picture posted earlier!

#20 · (Edited)
The NP300 will be fine.
As for breaking stuff, pretty unlikely, unless you head off down the black trails. (As one of us did last time by accident)>:) Or you drive at a tree!
As with all this stuff, it comes down to not loosing your head and being mindful of where you put the wheels.
No-one forces you to drive a track, and if you have to back up, then so be it. I did a few times, there are plenty of back-out tracks too for each obstacle. Some red routes are fairly tough, but the Austins Nav and my Pathfinder got through most of them without breaking a sweat. Pop along and you can grab a ride with one of us first if you like before taking out your truck.

Regards,

#24 ·
I might have a few toyotas and a landy comming as well but I bet they back out one of the toyotas is a 17 plate.
It is jolly good fun and I can assure you you don't have to do anything you don't want to. As pathfinder said pleanty of back out tracks and other bail out routes.
You don't need to have any experience or modified truck all you need is a mind set to have a good day out.
It sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun and a chance to meet up.

#26 ·
I would think that you won't suffer any damage.
Obviously don't go fast and don't go over the steepest mounds. My d40 was fine with minimal damage to my running boards but I was going over some of the steeper mounds. The damage was easily rectified by just loosening them and re tightening them on there mounts. I.e. Wher I had bellied it out they moved on the mounts a bit. Remember it's soft ground and going slow works keep your eyes peeled for tree roots or logs and you won't hurt any thing. Oh and don't go scraping your truck through hedges or you might scratch the paint. But if you do they usually polish out.

Again you won't be forced and there are may escape routs and easier routs along side.
It is designed for all vehicles even with road tyres. You don't need to go nuts.

The pic of the engine bay you will have notice didn't have any cowl on the fan so it would have flicked mud al over the place.

#29 ·
Guys, not going to be able to make it on the 8th now. I now have stuff to do (work to pay the bills etc). Have fun, and I will see you there in November.

Life getting in the way, rasser rasser, grumble grumble.

Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.