Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods - sorry if this is the wrong thread! feel free to move

Nissan are taking back my current Navara due to the constant issues - but don't worry, I'm not leaving the forum!馃槄I managed to get a raptor on finance cheaper than a wildtrack direct from Ford - they knocked near 9k off the list price! So I'm a happy bunny but the ford forums aren't as interesting as this so I'm sticking around, sorry not sorry lol.

But in the meantime, I'm selling the tyres I bought for the Nav. 265 65 18 RADAR RENEGADE AT-5, RRP of 拢560, selling for 290. about 5k miles on them, no uneven wear as my tracking was 100%.

They are really good condition, if you think I'm over valuing them let me know but I would bite someones arm off for this deal personally.

Perfect for an np300 - no rubbing and actually make it look like a proper truck. Also AT's so I was getting 30-33 mpg on these on a good run. Not too loud at all either, and far better than BFG's in the wet. And of course, really good off road.

and the newbie...

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Administrator
Mods - sorry if this is the wrong thread! feel free to move

Nissan are taking back my current Navara due to the constant issues - but don't worry, I'm not leaving the forum!馃槄I managed to get a raptor on finance cheaper than a wildtrack direct from Ford - they knocked near 9k off the list price! So I'm a happy bunny but the ford forums aren't as interesting as this so I'm sticking around, sorry not sorry lol.

But in the meantime, I'm selling the tyres I bought for the Nav. 265 65 18 RADAR RENEGADE AT-5, RRP of 拢560, selling for 290. about 5k miles on them, no uneven wear as my tracking was 100%.

They are really good condition, if you think I'm over valuing them let me know but I would bite someones arm off for this deal personally.

Perfect for an np300 - no rubbing and actually make it look like a proper truck. Also AT's so I was getting 30-33 mpg on these on a good run. Not too loud at all either, and far better than BFG's in the wet. And of course, really good off road.

and the newbie...

View attachment 67076
Nice truck. I bet it drives well.

I guess the downsides being reduced carrying capacity and lower speed limit on dual carriageways, but I wouldn't say no..

Sounds about right on the tyres, they would be a straight fit for the D40 V6 too, you might want to add that to your ebay listing.

I;ve put a copy of your post in the for sale section.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It does drive well. A lot of people not happy with the engine in it but frankly I've got no complaints. Frankly ridiculous off road and the suspension is mindboggling.

And yes correct. I find the speed limit thing very confusing though, technically a standard ranger should go by those 50/60mph restrictions as well?

Edit - yes, 2040kg is the cut off. Standard ranger Wildtrak comes in at 2246. Navara is 2038, presumably for strategic reasons!

Interestingly, its a heavily debated point. If you put a hardtop on a Nissan it instantly puts it over the limit, which then is a matter of debate which side of the line it falls....

Administrator
Yep, heavily debated. Whilst complicated, the "unladed weight" of 2040 includes a nominal weight for a pickup canopy so the Navara does get the higher speed limits.
People get confused with other weight measures such as mass in service and kerb weight which don't have any bearing on the speed limits.
There are some downsides to the lower weight such limited sound proofing, inability to fit a proper 4x4 mechansim and a thin chassis... The DMax is the only pickup you can buy new today that has the unladen weight below 2040.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah yeah ok that's interesting. I thought it seemed a bit simplistic!

Am I right in thinking that that 2040 is fairly old benchmark that hasn't moved with times, basically?

Administrator
You guessed right, exactly 2 imperial tons.

I think the current legislation (second row of seating, unladen weight, ratio of passenger to load space etc) was introduced under lobbing from Land Rover producing the 130 crew cab which coincidently weighed 2038kg unladen.

They didn't want it to be classed as commercial.

Administrator
It is the unladen weight not the mass in service that is the 2040. Two different calculations, the kerb weight is another confusion!

Not that anybody is likely to be caught speeding unless they ignore the yellow cameras!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is the unladen weight not the mass in service that is the 2040. Two different calculations, the kerb weight is another confusion!

Not that anybody is likely to be caught speeding unless they ignore the yellow cameras!
馃槀this is true
Jokes aside, there's times when it feels downright dangerous (personally anyways, have had some sketchy experiences so I'm probably a bit jumpy) to be mushing it in with the artics on the left lane on a dual carriage way at 60, or even less most of the time, so common sense is kind of useful. I'd rather take my chances at 70 than get squashed lol.

Was on the hateful m25 last week and can't help but think the main issue is no one goes the speedlimit! 1st lane - 60mph max, 2nd lane - 65 max, 3rd lane - 85-90 between cameras!

Registered
From Construction & Use Regulations
Rectangle Font Magenta Circle Pattern

I don't have a Certificate of Conformity in my vehicle pack which might have stated it, anyone have a reliable source of obtaining the unladen mass of a 2019 Techna Auto ?

I agree with BTW97 above ref the speeds people drive at, and hate roadworks where all the trucks and cars end up at the same speed > ever seen a truck blow a tyre, you don't want to be next to that in the roadworks.

Administrator
As you have discovered, neither the V5, nor the owners handbook nor the vin plate tell you anything useful.

The V5 shows the mass in service, but not unladen or kerbweight.

When they were current models Nissan showed the unladen weight on the internet. Most of the other Google results are the usual rubbish

The only sure fire method is to ask a Nissan dealer or Nissan customer services.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts