Nissan-Navara.net banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Thanks for the info, I need to pull my finger out and track down the annoying squeal on mine, I had a look at it all a while ago, all the bearings seemed fine, the alternator clutch seemed fine and operated correctly, I have a sneaking suspicion it may only be the belt, although I fitted a new gates belt last year, either that or I think it might be the fan coupling/clutch that making a bit of noise.

Whatever the result good to have this info, cheers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had the same problem on my o6 navara d40 this morning sounded sick adjusted belts and sprayed with belt silicone made it much better watching brief see how it goes before fitting belts & bearings thanks for above information very helpful

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok here's one, get a slipping noise like a whistle cross wine when revs are at 2500 and not below, belt tensioner failed so went to my mechanic and he replaced the pulley but as soon as I left shop got the same result, anyone have any ideas whT the hell is going on and should I tension more to see if goes away, just don't wana over tension case catastrophe kicks pulley into radiator
Grrrr

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok here's one, get a slipping noise like a whistle cross wine when revs are at 2500 and not below, belt tensioner failed so went to my mechanic and he replaced the pulley but as soon as I left shop got the same result, anyone have any ideas whT the hell is going on and should I tension more to see if goes away, just don't wana over tension case catastrophe kicks pulley into radiator
Grrrr
Oh revs at 2500 whilst under load not when sitting in neutral reving it

21 - 27 of 27 Posts