Nissan-Navara.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, picked up my new Navara D40 Outlaw on the 23rd Sept 2006, no regrets at all, even if the price tag is hefty considering i'm a 21 year old student!
She hasn't let me down at all (touch wood), and she never fails to put a smile on my face on or off road. Just got 4 Hella Rallye 1000 spotlamps to go on the roof bars. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Insurance

With Churchill about £840 full comp. I used to drive a 1.0 Vauxhall Corsa and that was £480! So i didnt think it was too bad.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi mate
Took me till i was 41 to get a new truck, and the finance company owns most of it.

So are you going to do any off roading? Post some pics. So far there isn't much in the way off road pics on this forum.

G

·
AJ Purnell said:
Hi, picked up my new Navara D40 Outlaw on the 23rd Sept 2006, no regrets at all, even if the price tag is hefty considering i'm a 21 year old student!
She hasn't let me down at all (touch wood), and she never fails to put a smile on my face on or off road. Just got 4 Hella Rallye 1000 spotlamps to go on the roof bars. :D
dont know whether you are the youngest d40 owner, but you're certainly the luckiest...a d40 at 21 years old , something us 'old'uns' can only dream about...

·
Registered
321 Posts
When I was that age (long long time ago, lol) I wanted a pick up. Think at the time the only thing around was the L200 and hilux and not even sure if they were double cabs at the time!

I'm now 36 and have had an Isuzu TF DC pick up, Hilux DC Pick up and now the D40 Aventura. Unfortunatly I didnt and dont own any of them!! All been compny vehicles!! I'm lucky (or unlucky) enough to work in a trade that requires 4x4's for access to sites.

I would definatly consider buying a D40 though if I had to give the current one back.

Steve

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hell, things must have changed since I was a stoodent... I struggled to buy a new CD (They came out when I was in 3rd year) in a term, let alone a new Outlaw! :shock:

My first wagon was a '57 Series 1 Land Rover, at the time I bought it, twas a hen house... Popped in a Ford V6 and ran it for weeks without even having a starter motor - Every where I went had to have a hill at the other end or a couple of us to push it :lol:

aye, those were the days..... 8)

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Welcome to the site mate.

At 21 i had a ole Hi Lux, it was a ex Motorway subcontractors vehicle.

It had a 2.4 D engine ( no turbo in those days ) :lol: and about 70 BHP !!

It was so guttless i had to use 4wd low, to tow anything, which meant flat out it went 45 mph.

Glad you are having fun with the D40 :) its what its all about :)

keep a eye in the events section as we are planning alot of things for 2007

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
love my d40 ,my brother just got the new 3.0 hilux and my Navara seems so much faster and allso smoother.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
i have had mine a year now and have gotta say its awsome,I have blown loads of them ugly L200s away ,Ive had about 125mph out of mine ,but i wonder how fast it would go with one of those chip kits i keep seeing on ebay???? anybody know??????

·
Registered
222 Posts
garryd said:
i have had mine a year now and have gotta say its awsome,I have blown loads of them ugly L200s away ,Ive had about 125mph out of mine ,but i wonder how fast it would go with one of those chip kits i keep seeing on ebay???? anybody know??????

126!!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
ok its around 125-130mph as the speedo gos up each time by 10mph ,but i will take your word for it! my brothers new 3.0 hilux cant do 120mph ?!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
It doesn't actually make much or no difference to the top speed....... you just get up there a bit quicker :twisted:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
they say you go from 176 BHP to 210 BHP !! wouldent mind driving a truck with it fitted to see how they go !? it must efect your warranty though! thats what would put me off.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
how much that cost ya buddy???

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
and is it worth it ??like i said i have not drove the truck with it fitted,but it must be a good bit faster know????

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.