Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
nice one!
Just finished the rear bumper. Need to do the lettering next.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

have also fitted black door handle caps, but not that impressed with them tbh. They look good from 5m away but up close the fit is pretty awful. Not sure if anyone else has found a way of dechroming them? Plastidip won't last too long on them i rkn!...

Wingmirrors done too. Bit of a pickle to get them off, even though I followed all the tutorials - ended up snapping a couple of the tabs despite my most careful efforts -still fits fine tho.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Front so far. You can see the plastic caps there, just need to do the badge and fog lamps surround next. Wife likes it so far!

Probably helps that I bought her a inverter for the truck so she can do her hair when we're driving 😂

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahaha.
It looks damn good, was that on top of chrome on rear bumper? Did you have to scratch it over or sand it first?
The lettering is so fiddly trying to peel , especially if you have sausage fingers like me. I already have black handles and mirrors. But I definitely want to do grill, more so seeing how good yours looks. Although with yours being a newer model grill is slightly different, mine has chrome with (aged) faded black plastic.
I got some Plastic coat restorer fluid fluid,after seeing a video of it on you tube, thought I got conned, until it dried, absolute magic in a bottle, made my wing mirrors look like brand new ones.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah, I was pretty surprised at how much of a difference it made tbh!

No sanding no! I wasn't sure if I'd like it, so I just went straight in on chrome. Its very different to spraying plastic so I had to redo one side - it started almost forming pin holes in the paint, but I think that's because I went too heavy on it and it just didn't have enough surface adhesion to the chrome - when I went a lot lighter it was 95% fine in the end - I'm not expecting a spray booth finish exactly!

I need to try putting the can in warm water for 10 mins before I use it too, apparently gives a finer spray.

The lettering looks mint! Need to do that as well. Interesting about that plastic coat restorer - never heard of it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahh ok, good to know, the hot water thing too thanks. I'll have a bash when get some free time. Yeah that plastic.coat is really good ill put pics up incase you fancy it. But instructions well..... good luck hahaha
Output device Font Screenshot Office equipment Automotive tire
Table Product Smile Output device Flowerpot
Finger Material property Font Gas Thumb
Hand Communication Device Mobile phone Gadget Portable communications device

·
Registered
46 Posts
nice one!
Just finished the rear bumper. Need to do the lettering next.
View attachment 66333

have also fitted black door handle caps, but not that impressed with them tbh. They look good from 5m away but up close the fit is pretty awful. Not sure if anyone else has found a way of dechroming them? Plastidip won't last too long on them i rkn!...

Wingmirrors done too. Bit of a pickle to get them off, even though I followed all the tutorials - ended up snapping a couple of the tabs despite my most careful efforts -still fits fine tho.
I got the matt black handle covers from 4x4at was quite impressed by them

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers, I love the final look of it. Just a clean,dry then straight on,about 7 coats, then a clear matt coat. Grill is the final bit to do. I'm still questioning whether or not to do the chrome badges on wheels ??

·
Administrator
16,672 Posts
Wind deflectors are really a far East thing for monsoon season, serve little other purpose apart from increasing wind noise. Or emulating a J plate Pajero grey import!

The bonnet deflector does stop the the bonnet getting chipped, so a thumbs up for that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
😂😂I was waiting for that!!

I did actually find that they cut down the wind buffetting quite a lot. I'm on the tallish side and for some reason when you're driving at 60+ with windows down the top of your head gets quite savagely windswept, not ideal if you also have a bit of hair lol plus you can hardly open your eyes

This seems to be fixed🤷‍♂️so although they were fitted on a trial basis as I got them cheap with some other bits, I think I'll keep them on!

and jokes aside, when I was about 6 a Pajero was my dream car - yes my issues started young lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm semi fluent in it(I thought!)...but no, I did not know that!🤣

Pretty much level with the mazda LaPutao_Ohow those names ever made final production is beyond me!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice, looks really clean, great looking truck. The front badge does have a good look about it in black. I have the window deflectors but not bonnet. I'm about to take mine on its longest journey yet.... down to London for weekend, see how it does, 225miles each way. I already know it doesn't really like being over 70mph so all fingers and toes crossed that it's a smooth run, probably a full tank and abit!! And at these prices nearly 2quid a litre! Urghhhhh

1 - 20 of 31 Posts