Nissan-Navara.net banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
Thanks Mate! work in progress, slowly slowly as car budget vs house jobs allows馃槀

Good luck! I just did my longest ever 2 weeks ago. 200 miles to bath, 100 miles to Dorset and 200 odd miles back馃ぃ expensive ish (fueled up once) but huge fun.

To give them their due, Navara's are very comfortable cruising vehicles. Set the cruise to about 68mph, sat back, pointed it the right direction and chilled for quite a few hours! Averaged 34mpg the entire trip which is pretty good in the real world

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yup but good progress , yeah I get that, my misses is constantly saying "you and that fu##ing truck!" Hahaha but also got other jobs and actual job busy with too!
That's some trip, thays not bad fuel wise. But think I'll be getting a sore ankle as cruise control pings when turned on but doesn't actually engage? Ill just wedge a stick in there hahaha!! Not had time to get around to looking at it. Read threads on here about it but not really any the wiser. But I've done mway journeys and it has said(sat round about 65-70) 42mpg. Compared to lite runs were it says 26 meh

Registered
Be interesting to see how this pans out, I鈥檝e heard that the Plasti Dip isn鈥檛 very robust and soon starts to come off. Please keep us updated if you find this happening as I鈥檇 like to do mine but have been held back by this.
Thanks 馃憤馃徏

Registered
Be interesting to see how this pans out, I鈥檝e heard that the Plasti Dip isn鈥檛 very robust and soon starts to come off. Please keep us updated if you find this happening as I鈥檇 like to do mine but have been held back by this.
Thanks 馃憤馃徏
Mine has been on for a few months and its solid as, no sign at all of any peeling, and I've taken it at speed through scratchy things plus given it a lot of good washes! Definitely not pampered at all.

If you put on enough layers it really does stick well - if you peel it from an edge it will come off cleanly (but reluctantly) but it takes quite a lot of effort to just say dig your thumbnail in and try and puncture it - in fact, good luck with that because its very tough stuff.

I've got a few mates that have had it on for 12/18 months and going strong馃憤

Fragile plasti-dip would come from a couple main factors:
  • dirty/greasy surface that you apply it to (just won't adhere)
  • not enough coats of paint.
  • maybe not mixing the paint well enough

Registered
That鈥檚 good to know. I haven鈥檛 used it yep but read the concerns in a product review, it could have been that the writer hadn鈥檛 prepaid it properly or as you say, not put enough coats on.
I鈥漧l try a couple of cans and see how it goes. Thanks for the heads up 馃憤馃徏

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited by Moderator)
on my bumper I did 7ish coats, just under a full can, and I've done 1000+miles, not been on as long as btw97, and taken to a gravel car park with my son for some wheel spinning back end kickin fun and kicked up quite a few stones and it's, besides being dusty, untouched chips wise.
I havnt washed mine since I did it, so that's good to know, is that hand wash or a power/jet wash?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
on my bumper I did 7ish coats, just under a full can, and I've done 1000+miles, not been on as long as btw97, and taken to a gravel car park with my son for some wheel spinning back end kickin fun and kicked up quite a few stones and it's, besides being dusty, untouched chips wise.
I havnt washed mine since I did it, so that's good to know, is that hand wash or a power/jet wash?
Also don't know why all of above is underlined?

Registered
Hand wash, actually. Probably a bit antiquated of me but I always wash cars like that lol! Can't see why most of it wouldn't be fine with a jet wash, as long as you didnt go crazy!

Ah yes, can't beat the feeling of wheelspinning and sliding. Glad you're raising your son the right way馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ahh ok, I'm not bothered about always having a clean truck, but with its colour it does look nice when freshly cleaned. I'll be gentle on bumper with jet and brush then.
And it did really good down to London and back from here in chorley Lancashire.i brimmed the tank, 拢130! Round trip and still had just under 1/4 tank left, I was surprised. Way down read at 28mpg didn't go over 70mph, and way back 30.2mpg( less fuel I guess) but 4hrs driving constant is a killer on legs,back and ass.
Haha cheers, yeah he is a massive fan of the truck, wether back end is out or not!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts