·
Registered
D40 navara 2006, 2018 ranger wildtrak
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
15,348 Posts
No ideas on quality, but a second hand dash panel will fit, then you can use any double din head unit you like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was the first idea but then i thought that 9inch screen would be even better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Mangaan, I did something similar to my old ford focus, the cheap Alibaba and eBay android head units aren't amazing, I've not used the type you've shown in the link, but my best recommendation is to get a blank "Double din dash panel" and then pick up a cheap touch screen Double din radio (on eBay / Facebook Market place). As long as it has Android Auto & Apple Play so it uses your phone's processing power (normally faster). Pioneer or JVC are good. These companies spend a lot of money on the user interface so it's more reliable and better to use in the car. I changed my Alibaba one about 2 months after installing it because it constantly crashed for this option and I'm a lot happier with it

Hope this helps
cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Answer to my original question: The 9inch unit with the dash panel only fits to the model with standard air knobs. I decided to go with a standard 2din 7inch screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts