Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else had a bl00dy annoying squeaking noise on their D40?

When driving along generally poor road surfaces theres a squeaking/rubbing kind of noise from outside the vehicle as it bounces over the bumps.

Also get the same noise when slamming the doors closed.

Can't pin point it down, thought it may be from the under bonnet area but then it sometimes sounds to be around the cab area.

Not been into the dealers with it as I'd sooner sort it myself and not have my fuel wasted/paintwork scuffed/interior covered in grease stains!

Anyone had anything similar :?:

Bob :(

G

·
i had an annoying squeaking and found my roof bars were making the noise..tightened them down and the problem was solved

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same noise found it was under the bonnet there our two rubber stoppers on either side that the bonnet sits on they screw in and out to adjust the height just screw them in all the way in and noise stops.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think I've sorted out the squeak :)

Was opening and closing the n/s/f door to get it to squeak and the noise was coming from the bonnet area (screen end)
Under the bonnet I applied a dollop of wax polish to the rubber strip that goes across from one wing to the other at the base of the scuttle panel. I also put some polish on the bonnet rubbers.

Noise has now gone :D

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Annoying Squeaking Noise

I too am getting this in the exact same way, I asked the dealer to look at it when it was getting loadliner fitted. Needless to say when he test drove it he couldn't hear it. Unfortunately I wasn't present. My Navara is one week old, the squeak is very annoying. I'm going to give the rubber stoppers under the bonnet a go as suggested.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found it was the rubber seal that goes the full width at the rear of the engine bay that was the actual cause of the squeak.
If I only adjusted the bonnet rubbers so it closed down further (thus clamping tighter onto the rear rubber seal) the bonnet would sit lower than the wings, but would stop the squeak.
By applying the polish (or any other lubricant such as silicone spray) it illiminates the squeak and still keeps the panels aligned.

Bob

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great thread!!

My 12 month old D40 does this intermittently. Driving along and squeak, squeak, squeak like someone rubbing two pieces of rubber together.

Cheers guys!

Stevie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts