Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Mark up another black Aventura Double Cab, already at the dealer and just awaiting PDI and sorting out plate transfer from my part-ex (350z) to be ready for collection on March 1st, all being well.

Will obviously be a major change from a 2 door coupe, but that was part of the reason for changing, to get a complete change of experience!

I'm based in Gloucestershire, and see plenty of Navs around. Some are obviously working vehicles, and about the same number of recreational ones I reckon. Mine will not see much offroad action, and zero towing, but part of the reason for getting one is to have a more activity friendly vehicle and get to the more isolated areas. I'm a designer by trade with a heavy leaning towards photography too, so am planning to use the Nav as to get to locations and positions others can't reach. Step ladder in the flatbed methinks!

I've already bought some stainless steel door handles to go on, and next on the shopping list is a styling bar and shutter top, the Roll N Lock one to avoid the frozen water issue in the winter. The fitting instructions for the shutter look pretty straightforward, and it looks like the only modification required to fit the styling bar will be to trim the shutter top cover... can anyone confirm this?

Anyway, thats me. Already found lots of useful info here, and look forward to contributing whenever I can...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome aboard.

You will now enter the long and painful journey of upgrading.

I hope you have deeeeep pockets :lol:

I thought I had :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Welcome to the Site :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got to wait until monday now... plate transfer hasn't gone through. :(

Not fair. I wanted to play with my new truck this weekend. :(

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Dont you just hate it when that happens :(

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
scarey said:
waiting a couple of days aint that bad, i had to wait two months for my new plate....
if its a competition i had to wait 6 months for my Nav !

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can't complain at the waiting time, only put the order in on 15th Feb.

It's just that thing of thinking your getting your hands on something, then its whipped away at the last minute. Evil. :twisted:

Going to try very hard not to buy anything for the Nav over the weekend. Had a quote for a Roll N Lock from Autostyling, just waiting for another one, with the discount taken off the correct list price this time. :roll: :wink:

Can anyone comment on fitting a styling bar with a shutter top?

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Ive seen one or two with a Double styling bar and roller shutter, they look 8)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I know 8)

For anyone interested, the price for the Roll N Lock shutter for a double cab D40 from autostylinguk.com is just over £811 inc VAT & delivery. 8)

That is the special nissan-navara.net member price. Just mention that you heard about them from the forum.

My only slight concern is about the amount of hacking required to get it to fit with a styling bar. :?:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.